Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barricade Roof Rack

Old 01-10-2015, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barricade Roof Rack

Does anyone know how to run wiring through the Barricade roof rack from XT? I have it installed and am gonna put a light bar on, but don't know where to bring the wire out on the bottom. Does a hole need to be drilled? Thanks!
Old 01-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scafootballpro5
Does anyone know how to run wiring through the Barricade roof rack from XT? I have it installed and am gonna put a light bar on, but don't know where to bring the wire out on the bottom. Does a hole need to be drilled? Thanks!
As far as I know there aren't any pre-drilled holes for wiring to run through. You'll want to drill your own holes and of course paint them and use grommets to pull your wires through. The other option is to run them between the body and rack to hide them a little bit and just use zip ties to hold them in place. Running them internally will definitely be a cleaner look!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Ryan
Old 01-12-2015, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XTRyan
As far as I know there aren't any pre-drilled holes for wiring to run through. You'll want to drill your own holes and of course paint them and use grommets to pull your wires through. The other option is to run them between the body and rack to hide them a little bit and just use zip ties to hold them in place. Running them internally will definitely be a cleaner look! Let me know if you have any other questions! -Ryan
thank you! That's what I figured I have to do. Another question is to install a 50" light bar, would it be possible to rotate the cross bar 180 degrees from the normal (tabs on top) and mount it with the tabs down to keep the height down? I'm just curious if it will fit or not.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:37 AM
Former Vendor

thank you! That's what I figured I have to do. Another question is to install a 50" light bar, would it be possible to rotate the cross bar 180 degrees from the normal (tabs on top) and mount it with the tabs down to keep the height down? I'm just curious if it will fit or not.
To be completely honest I'm not sure if you could mount it "up-side down" like that. It would be great to keep the height down, but I don't know if you'd have the clearance or not. I'll see if I can find anyone who has done it!

-Ryan
Old 01-13-2015, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

To be completely honest I'm not sure if you could mount it "up-side down" like that. It would be great to keep the height down, but I don't know if you'd have the clearance or not. I'll see if I can find anyone who has done it! -Ryan
Okay thanks! I might make extension brackets if it doesn't fit. I'll be sure to post pics if I do!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:16 AM
Former Vendor

Okay thanks! I might make extension brackets if it doesn't fit. I'll be sure to post pics if I do!
Hopefully you don't need them, but if you do posting pictures would be really helpful to other members! Thanks in advance!

-Ryan
Old 01-14-2015, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't have one of these but was wondering how you liked it. I was considering it for myself. You really can't beat the price. I've read a few reviews of it being pretty loud. But it's still relatively new so they're isn't a whole bunch of info out there. Keep us posted. I'll probably put a few lights on it too so let us know how your drilling project works out.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive been eyeing this rack too, hoping to hear some more about it from other members
Old 01-15-2015, 06:48 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Croce
Ive been eyeing this rack too, hoping to hear some more about it from other members
There are a fair number of reviews and pictures on the site for the Barricade 2 Door Roof Rack and the Barricade 4 Door Roof Rack. Hopefully some of those will help you make your decision. Feel free to ask me any other questions you have or PM me if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan
Old 01-15-2015, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are a fair number of reviews and pictures on the site for the Barricade 2 Door Roof Rack and the Barricade 4 Door Roof Rack. Hopefully some of those will help you make your decision. Feel free to ask me any other questions you have or PM me if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan
XT Ryan, do you guys offer a forum discount? I have to say that your site is hands-down my favorite due to ease of browsing and pricing. I like the build list too. Sales are pretty good. I really regret not ordering this on black Friday for $200.

Quick Reply: Barricade Roof Rack