Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barricade Roof Rack

Old 01-15-2015, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cutman, I actually ordered this on Black Friday for myself. Just put it on after Christmas. I've had no issues whatsoever with it being loud. I read on another forum to put electrical splicing tape and o-rings on each male end of the pipes. Worked out great just made it a little tight to get on but no noise whatsoever! Overall for the price I'm really impressed with it. The only con I can think of is it does add a little bit of weight to the top of your Jeep, but any rack does that and it really isn't too bad. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
Old 01-15-2015, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Let us know how easy it is to open the top in the summer. (If you have a soft top) that's the only disadvantage to not buying like a Gobi, where it just tilts up. But I'd try a Barricade to save $1k for wheels or tires.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a hardtop on now, and one of the Bestop Trektops for the summer..aka one that doesn't fold back. From what I ready though it's really easy. There's the 3 crossbars for a JK (4 for a JKU) that need to be removed to fold it back. It's only 2 hand bolts for each. I run without the crossbars unless I need them. It's really easy actually.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cutman
XT Ryan, do you guys offer a forum discount? I have to say that your site is hands-down my favorite due to ease of browsing and pricing. I like the build list too. Sales are pretty good. I really regret not ordering this on black Friday for $200.
We do offer a forum member discount! I have a 6% off code for all members with 25+ posts. I also have deeper discount available for your first order from us! I'm always a PM away and you're all welcome to PM me for the best possible pricing on anything you need.

-Ryan
Old 01-16-2015, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XTRyan
We do offer a forum member discount! I have a 6% off code for all members with 25+ posts. I also have deeper discount available for your first order from us! I'm always a PM away and you're all welcome to PM me for the best possible pricing on anything you need. -Ryan
Aww jeez I wish I would've known that! I'm planning on getting a rear bumper from you guys sometime soon.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by XTRyan

We do offer a forum member discount! I have a 6% off code for all members with 25+ posts. I also have deeper discount available for your first order from us! I'm always a PM away and you're all welcome to PM me for the best possible pricing on anything you need.

-Ryan
I'm out on the first order discount....but my wife's not......
Old 01-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by scafootballpro5
Aww jeez I wish I would've known that! I'm planning on getting a rear bumper from you guys sometime soon.
Just shoot me a PM when you're ready for the bumper!

I'm out on the first order discount....but my wife's not......
Have her shoot me a PM when you guys need your next mod!

-Ryan
Old 01-19-2015, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Just a little fun fact for the folks considering this rack. I was wheeling at calico California and got a little tippy on a tight squeeze. I actually had quite a bit of weight from the vehicle resting on a wall and the roof rack held up great except for minor scratches, but it totally saved my soft top from being destroyed. So not only does it act as a roof rack but doubled as a slider in my particular situation. Great rack for the price.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaFFFari
Just a little fun fact for the folks considering this rack. I was wheeling at calico California and got a little tippy on a tight squeeze. I actually had quite a bit of weight from the vehicle resting on a wall and the roof rack held up great except for minor scratches, but it totally saved my soft top from being destroyed. So not only does it act as a roof rack but doubled as a slider in my particular situation. Great rack for the price.
Next time you run this rack with the top down, can you post a few pics, anybody?
Old 01-30-2015, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Next time you run this rack with the top down, can you post a few pics, anybody?
No problem! It probably won't be until around April through. Hopefully we'll get a warm day in PA early so I can.

Quick Reply: Barricade Roof Rack