Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barricade Trail Force HD Rear Bumper CLUNKING sound?

Old 03-28-2015, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barricade Trail Force HD Rear Bumper CLUNKING sound?

I recently had the Barricade Trail Force HD rear bumper installed on my '08 2 door JK and noticed a clunking sound every time I hit a bump on the road. I got the bumper without the spare tire carrier, it's just the bumper that was installed. The noise seems to be coming from the right rear of my jeep. Every time I put force on the right edge of the bumper it seems to make a noise that's similar to what I'm hearing when I hit bumps on the road. I'm clueless as to what it could possibly be that is causing this noise, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2015, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let's get creative.. Grab a gopro or alternative, mount the camera on several spots around the jeep and make a couple of videos of the jeep driving over these rough spots..
Old 03-28-2015, 11:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could it be a piece of metal inside the bumper itself banging around .thinking.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to go on a limb here and say d rings banging around?? Other then that make sure all the bolt are tight
Old 03-29-2015, 05:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by marcojs
I recently had the Barricade Trail Force HD rear bumper installed on my '08 2 door JK and noticed a clunking sound every time I hit a bump on the road. I got the bumper without the spare tire carrier, it's just the bumper that was installed. The noise seems to be coming from the right rear of my jeep. Every time I put force on the right edge of the bumper it seems to make a noise that's similar to what I'm hearing when I hit bumps on the road. I'm clueless as to what it could possibly be that is causing this noise, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Not sure if it's the same, but I used to have the Rock Hard rear bumper, and it was bolted up to high on the one side. The metal bumper was banging up against the rear corner of the jeep. It looked like it was sitting flush, but it was moving enough driving that it was clunking pretty good on pot holes and manhole covers.

I ended up unbolting the one side, and having a friend stand on it while I bolted it lower, and clear of the rear corner. No more clunking.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by marcojs

Thanks!
Sorry to hear about the clunk! I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue so I don't have anywhere to point you to right off the bat. I would check the torque on all the mounting bolts and also check the clearances. Hopefully you find it soon! Let me know if you have any other questions at all and I'll do what I can to help!

-Ryan

Quick Reply: Barricade Trail Force HD Rear Bumper CLUNKING sound?