Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BDS 3.5 lift

Old 01-08-2017, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BDS 3 lift

I'm new here and to the Wrangler family. I've been looking at lift kits for my 16 JKU. I've kinda settled on the BDS kit, does anyone have any input on this lift? Wrangler is mainly a DD, with some weekend adventure thrown in.

Last edited by HoundsJk; 01-08-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

read the red link in my signature
Old 01-08-2017, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

While your red link contains a great deal of useful information. It's not really what I've asked the membership here. What I'm looking for is: Is it a quality kit? Does it give a good ride, is there anything I should be aware of before purchasing. Is there anything I should add to it etc... Your look at the red link does not contain the personal information that those here who have this lift can give.
I do thank you for the link as I had read it previously before posting here.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:01 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

BDS tends to rank up there with Rough country in terms of quality and components offered. I would stay clear of it or any other 3-4" lift in the $500 range.
My link tells you pretty much what you need in terms of components. I thought it was pretty clear.

Could you post a link of the kit you are looking at? I don't even see a 3.5" lift offered on their website.

Last edited by TheDirtman; 01-08-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Dirtman you are correct, my apologies for the misprint. I've read and reread a lot of information on lifts the last couple of days. It's a 3" lift for some reason I thought it was a 3.5. From what I've read, an seen on websites most of the kits seem similar as far as components. I've also read that some lifts have different ride qualities. An handle differently on the road. We all want the best for our buck. Again i'll be running 35" tires on 17" rims with 4.5 back space. I'm looking for a close to OEM ride with an upgraded off-road capability.
Thanks for your feedback.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

This one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	jk_1415H-1403H.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	664251

No idea on the quality of their kits, but do a quick search for opinions on 'cam bolts'. Then another one for opinions of 'rear frame mounted track bar relocation bracket'.

Last edited by nthinuf; 01-08-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:42 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Its not much of a kit, missing about half of the components you are going to want to drive down the road straight. Shocks are a waste of money. Frame side drop brackets are bad for ride quality, should use an axle side raised track bar bracket. For 35's I would look into the 2" range for lifts as you don't need near as much to retain the factory ride. You are going have exhaust issues with that much lift as well. Most will do a aftermarket driveshaft or relocate the exhaust.

How is it that with all the lifts that are offered for the JK this is the one you are wanting to get? No wrong answer just trying to get your thinking.

Quick Reply: BDS 3.5 lift