Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been having a couple problems with my Jeep

Old 12-08-2016, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Been having a couple problems with my Jeep

2012 2 Dr Sport. It pops out of 4th and grinds sometimes when driving unless I really push it in there and make sure it's in there but doesn't happen all the time. This has been happening since I bought the Jeep in 2013 with 15000 miles. It was completely stock and had never been wheeled.

The other problem I'm having is in the cold mornings if the Jeep isn't above 140ish degrees. Only on the first take off it will loose all power at 1500 RPM's like it ran out of gas and then pick right back up like nothing ever happened.

It has full AFE 3" hi tuck exhaust, cold air intake, throttle body spacer, bully dog GT tuner, 3" teraflex lift with 4.5" fox 2.0 res shocks, full adjustable short control arms, adams 1310 front and rear drive shafts, 4.56 gears with open diffs, and sits on 37" cooper pro sttt's on 17" ATX Slabs.

Any clue what could be wrong?
Old 12-08-2016, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GullandMichael
2012 2 Dr Sport. It pops out of 4th and grinds sometimes when driving unless I really push it in there and make sure it's in there but doesn't happen all the time. This has been happening since I bought the Jeep in 2013 with 15000 miles. It was completely stock and had never been wheeled.

The other problem I'm having is in the cold mornings if the Jeep isn't above 140ish degrees. Only on the first take off it will loose all power at 1500 RPM's like it ran out of gas and then pick right back up like nothing ever happened.

It has full AFE 3" hi tuck exhaust, cold air intake, throttle body spacer, bully dog GT tuner, 3" teraflex lift with 4.5" fox 2.0 res shocks, full adjustable short control arms, adams 1310 front and rear drive shafts, 4.56 gears with open diffs, and sits on 37" cooper pro sttt's on 17" ATX Slabs.

I remember reading about the boot around the shifter was causing the pop out of gear problem.

Someone else that has had this will chime in.

Can't help with the cold issue 😕
Old 12-09-2016, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MacRubi2
I remember reading about the boot around the shifter was causing the pop out of gear problem.

Someone else that has had this will chime in.

Can't help with the cold issue 😕
YeahIcheckedthebootstillnoluck.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GullandMichael

I had an older model Toyota pickup to do this and it turned out to be the plastic bushing on the ball of the shifter were worn. May want to pull your shifter and see it that is your problem.

If if it's acting like it running out of gas could possibly be a fuel filter. Not sure if these Jeeps have an external filter. Haven't work on them enough.

Last edited by lucky5; 12-09-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Been having a couple problems with my Jeep