Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 35" tire

Old 07-04-2014, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Duratracs. However they are closer to 34" then a 35...
Old 07-04-2014, 08:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MatthewDrakeNC
Wow, just had my 35" General Tire Grabbers mounted last night a and is have to say I've never had such a quiet ride!!! The handling on my JKU actually got BETTER!!
What tube doors is that?
Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this is really just a bunch of opinions here. I guarantee no one has run more than two different brands of tires in the same size on the same rig. Lets be honest here. All your gonna get is people saying my buddy ran these or i heard these tires are good....so its really gonna depend on your budget and what you will be using them for. IMO and thats all it is is an opinion. Why buy Duratracs if you can get BFG MT's for the same price. Duratracs look kind of pussy to me. Nitto's wear really fast, i have never seen a truck or jeep running nitto's and have decent tread on them. They burn out quickly. I heard and this is what i heard keep in mind that MTR's burn through rubber quick also but they are the tits when it comes to off road and performance but are more pricey. You will also here guys say "oh my tires are so quiet on the road" to that i say who cares. If you bought a jeep wrangler for it to be comfortable and quiet then you purchased the wrong vehicle. Wranglers are meant to be loud, ride rough, and have two doors..not four. So to the OP it really depends on what you can spend and what you will be using them for........ just my $0.02 good luck!

Last edited by Wr@ngler00; 07-04-2014 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:59 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

If you were unsure prior to this posting about which tire is the "best", then I can assure you that this thread will make things worse. My Jeep is a DD which almost never hits a trail so I needed a tire that held decent traction on wet roads and one which was winter rated so I didn't have to swap rubbers twice a year. I also wanted an aggressive look to them so for those reasons I went with Duratracs. I'm on my second set now over a 3 year period and I wouldn't run anything else.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

I have run GY Wrangler MT, BF Goodrich AT's and just bought my Jeep with Nitto Trails. All 35's. Other than the noise on the highway. I am liking the Nitto's so far.

I am anxiously waiting the release of the new BF Goodrich AT's KO/2 tho. Gonna wait and see what the experts say once they start trying them. Check em out.

All New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 in the Works - Four Wheeler
Old 07-04-2014, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cooper stt
Old 07-04-2014, 09:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toyo Open Country MTs. 40k miles and 19/32 tread left. They're getting loud but that's something I can deal with. I will buy them again.

Sent from my S4 using JK-Forum
Old 07-05-2014, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rugged Terrain

Originally Posted by GutWrench
I have run GY Wrangler MT, BF Goodrich AT's and just bought my Jeep with Nitto Trails. All 35's. Other than the noise on the highway. I am liking the Nitto's so far.

I am anxiously waiting the release of the new BF Goodrich AT's KO/2 tho. Gonna wait and see what the experts say once they start trying them. Check em out.

All New BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 in the Works - Four Wheeler
Looks very similar to my Rugged Terrains... and I like them.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Toyo Open Country MTs. 40k miles and 19/32 tread left. They're getting loud but that's something I can deal with. I will buy them again.

Sent from my S4 using JK-Forum
I call shenanigans.. 40k and still more than a half inch of tread?!
Old 07-05-2014, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 35" km2's have 30k on 'em and still have half an inch left. Just sayin'.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3256365836.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	563758

Quick Reply: Best 35" tire