Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 35" tire

Old 07-05-2014, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will say Duratracs are probably the best all around tire. They have some drawbacks if you run rocks maybe, but they are the quietest hybrid tire out there. If they came in 37's I would be sticking with them, but I will be going with the KM2's when I'm ready for 37's.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've ran Mickey Thompson ATZ and their MTZ's also the Duratracs and now the Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar..... If you have snow I'd go with the Duratracs for sure their weak spot is the sidewall so be a little extra careful on the rocks..... But great tires in all adpects. My Mickey MTZ's were great too in the summer and offroading and the only reason I'm with the MTR's is cause I'm running 37" and they were the lightest .... Like the above post if Duratracs came in 37's if have them instead ....the MTR's are good too tho just completed a 3 day drive each way and offroading in Moab with them

Last edited by robsjeep9; 07-05-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MatthewDrakeNC
Wow, just had my 35" General Tire Grabbers mounted last night a and is have to say I've never had such a quiet ride!!!

The handling on my JKU actually got BETTER!!
Nice looking JK... have any other pics? It looks like you do not have a lift, true?
Old 07-08-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Acer343
Cooper stt
are u running a set of cooper stt if so what size and how many miles are on them and how much tread left
Old 07-08-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im a big fan of the falken at. I dont personal have them but i know 2 poeple that do and they can go everywhere i go (i have nitto mud grapplers) with out a problem. Even in moab they did great. im considering them when i need new tires.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

I have 35" Nitto's now and I am not impressed. Buddy had a set of Duratracs that he let me throw on (in a 33), and they were much better at everything I did with them (I didn't get in any rock gardens). Wish I would have went with Duratracs or KM2's.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by barnettd
Nice looking JK... have any other pics? It looks like you do not have a lift, true?
You were correct - I didn't have a lift till last week...

I had RR Hurricane Fenders, took the liners out, cut the pinch seam and installed a RR XHD Stubby Bumper and it took the General Grabber 35's...

But it looked like a black school bus!!!

Just installed the JKS / Fox Racing J-Spec 3" (actually a "4 true) lift and I finally got it where I like it!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1431983486.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	572657  
Old 08-23-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kenwopper89
I Know there has been post before about tires but I can't decide going from 17" to 15" I want 35"12.50 or 13.50 ok will be used for dd and slight off-roading and beach ok I know there's the km2s, duratrks,mt/r with Kevlar,nitto trails,cooper stt, and if I missed any sorry just wondering everyone's in put
I'm running GY MT/Rs and love them. My first set burned out in only 30K miles, but that was from HEAVY wheeling and a slightly bent housing lol. My current set, on a perfectly straight axle, are doing much better I think.

Outside of that, if you are going to stay on 35s, do yourself a favor, and do it on a 15 inch rim. More sidewall. Cheaper(approx $100 less per wheel in most cases). And way more plentiful. Just make sure you get rims that will fit the JK as some 15s just don't work. Oh, and who could forget that more sidewall just makes the tire look that much better. I've yet to see a tire i liked more on 17's than 15's. Or worked as well.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "best tire" is the one suited for your specific use.

With this in mind, I've been through many brands on many vehicles. Nitto is my tire of choice. I've tried GY, BFG, Yokohama, Pirelli, Michelin. After my first set of Nitto Terra's on my Land Rover, I was impressed and stuck with the brand ever since with no regrets.

Good price point, great wear, easy to and maintain balance, good tread options to choose from.

Last edited by Jeepstin12; 08-23-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Another vote for Nitto Trail Graps. I'm expecting at least 40k miles out of these and will definitely purchase a new set after that.

Quick Reply: Best 35" tire