Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Deal On AEV 2.5" with Geometry Kit

Old 11-15-2012, 02:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKingAround
I'm not going to tell you what to do or what lift to buy. But aev is over priced for what you get. You can get a mid arm for about the same price. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for quality but with aev your paying for name alone. I'm not one of these people who say you should buy what I bought. But I have done my research. I suggest for you to do some and if you still want aev go for it.
I agree fully with JkingAround, Do some research. I lifted a few jeeps and drove them over the years. (My buddy owned and off-road business). He used a few different brands some good and some not so good. Personally just completed my second jeep, and made sure that I didnt makes the same mistakes I made on my first one. Did more research and planning to make sure it was right.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKingAround
But aev is over priced for what you get. You can get a mid arm for about the same price. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for quality but with aev your paying for name alone. .
please elaborate here when it comes to the AEV 2.5 kit that the op was posting about. Why is it overpriced? Where is the quality lacking in the AEV 2.5" kit? What mid arm kit do you speak of that runs about $899?

Just want to benefit from all of your experience and research(reading other peoples opinions) with it.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 AM
JK Freak

best to start your own thread with these questions
Originally Posted by Igrok
I'm looking at a 2.5" lift as well, but really don't know what vendor to look at - for 2.5" is a track bar really needed? will replacing the control arms with longer ones really add more flex with a 2.5" lift? What are the major differences between Rock Krawler products versus AEV or TF?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

AEV 2.5 $899 + $99 for the geometry brackets = $1000
Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would compare the aev 2.5" to the 3 different systems rock kralwer offers. I would base it on your specific needs also, if 90% of your driving is on pavement aev would probably be the way to go. Personally, I've been looking at different lifts for a while now and I was set on the aev 2.5 but then I discovered Rock Krawler and have been swayed. As time goes on I know I will want to expand on my lift and RK's systems are perfect for that. Also as I offroad more and more I know I'm going to want to try more difficult trails and rocks, RK seems the way to go if that is what you intend on doing.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was researching for my lift, I spent weeks looking into everything. Ultimately, I kept going back to AEV for their dual rate springs. Since I'm not doing much rock crawling in Louisiana and I've got to drive to get to anything more than mud, road handling and ride was just as important to me as off road ability. This is also my daily driver.

The AEV kit is very complete and the only brackets in the 2.5" lift are the front sway bar link extensions. You can pick up a very cheap set of stock rears on here or go for a set of quick disconnects in order to eliminate the one bracket. I ran the bracket's until I did the Artec Armor kit to the front axle. No lift in this price range includes quick disconnects if that is what you are interested in.

The ride, light or loaded, is great. The springs do like a bit of weight on them and get softer with gear in the back. (even a fullsize spare and winch will make it ride a little softer).

I got mine for $899.99 and free shipping. You do have to add the brackets, so it comes to $999.98 shipped here: OK Auto, 4WD & Tire

Last edited by TCJK11; 11-15-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

I guess I should have mentioned that I will be doing mostly road driving since this is my daily driver to and from work.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rtguy1

please elaborate here when it comes to the AEV 2.5 kit that the op was posting about. Why is it overpriced? Where is the quality lacking in the AEV 2.5" kit? What mid arm kit do you speak of that runs about $899?

Just want to benefit from all of your experience and research(reading other peoples opinions) with it.
Rancho 3" trail is $915 and that's a mid-arm kit.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

A mid-arm handles better on road and off road than drop brackets I have a rubicon express 3 1/2 super-flex with fox shocks I have about 1700 in it. I love it and handles much better than stock and got a great deal on it. But I almost bought a Rancho they are a great suspension for the money. Specially when they run their sale.

Quick Reply: Best Deal On AEV 2.5" with Geometry Kit