Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best gears and axles

Old 08-31-2015, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best gears and axles

Wondering what brand you guys recommend for gears and axles for both front and rear diff's. Who has the most reliable products and best warranty?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Installing yourself? I think most of the JK gears are still coming out of the same plant in asia, regardless of the name on side of the box. Compare warranty and price and get whichever you like. If a shop is doing the install, use whatever brand they recommend. Much easier on warranty issues if there happens to be one.

Ten Factory has a solid rep for their shafts. Good warranty, which includes bent rear flanges. G2 is the new kid on the block. Lower prices, same warranty. (a few people have posted that they pulled off the G2 sticker and ten factory was stamped underneath...) Probably can't go wrong with either.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Installing yourself? I think most of the JK gears are still coming out of the same plant in asia, regardless of the name on side of the box. Compare warranty and price and get whichever you like. If a shop is doing the install, use whatever brand they recommend. Much easier on warranty issues if there happen to be one.

Ten Factory has a solid rep for their shafts. Good warranty, which includes bent rear flanges. G2 is the new kid on the block. Lower prices, same warranty. (a few people have posted that they pulled off the G2 sticker and ten factory was stamped underneath...) Probably can't go wrong with either.
Thanks. I just got off the phone with G2 and they do NOT cover bent rear flames. That's good to know.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:15 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by GoldenRubi
Thanks. I just got off the phone with G2 and they do NOT cover bent rear flames. That's good to know.
That's odd. I have an email from g2 saying that they do cover flanges. I'll have to see if I can find it. Maybe their policy changed, it's probably been 2 years since I was researching it.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I just called them a while ago and specifically asked them if they covered bent flanges since that's my main concern on the rears. Their answer was a direct, no........maybe they did change up their policy.....? ?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ten factory covers Bent flanges , Breakage ect.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Here is the email...

To: ***@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 5:30 PM
Subject: RE: Rear 30sp axle shafts for Jeep JK

HI Tim,

Our JK Non Rubicon shafts are a 4140 Chromoly and are dual drilled 5X5/5X5.5. All of our axle shafts have a 10 year warranty and a bent flange would be covered, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Luke Taylor
ltaylor@g2axle.com
Old 08-31-2015, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

Never heard back from Northridge on a driveline quote request (giving you some shit Dave) but did find this deal hard to pass up and ordered today even though I have a shop press to do it myself and have to pay tax on it.

Ten Factory JK Chomoly Rear Axles w/ Pressed on Bearings Package 4 - DTPKG4
Old 08-31-2015, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the BEST shafts look at RCV, they are manufactured from 300M alloy. Expensive, but good.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thegoat
If you want the BEST shafts look at RCV, they are manufactured from 300M alloy. Expensive, but good.
Agreed but hard to justify 3x the cost IMO.

Quick Reply: Best gears and axles