Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best rear bumper and tire carrier for under $1000

Old 06-02-2015, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the or fab carrier and I found several problems it rusted bad due to cheap powder coat. On rough trails it would actually unlatch and swing open as well and it was noisy. For the cost keep the stock bumper for now and go with a Genright carrier
Old 06-02-2015, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kevin123
Yes, just bought one. Supposed to ship out tomorrow.
When did you order? I ordered on 4/20 and I haven't seen any shipping information as of yet. I was told that it would ship last Monday, then last Friday, then this Monday. They say they are really busy right now...
Old 06-02-2015, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default seriously

Originally Posted by jkd3624
I had the or fab carrier and I found several problems it rusted bad due to cheap powder coat. On rough trails it would actually unlatch and swing open as well and it was noisy. For the cost keep the stock bumper for now and go with a Genright carrier

Most likely you installed it incorrectly . It cant swing open they have a additional drop pin that would prevent that even in worst senerio . In order for that to unlatch you would have had to have installed latch system incorrectly with improper adjustments and not used the drop pin either it appears .

It sounds like you didnt tighten the bolts correctly with a wrench for it to be noisey . What could possibly be noisey on it? They have no moving parts to speak of besides a hinge

as far as powder coat holding up ?? Mine has never rusted and i live in a snow belt that sees road salt and moisture as well
maybe you bougt a used one or a defect . Im not sure . If mine has not rusted in 4 years with this road salt , id find it hard to believe your review.
* Your winch fairlead looks rusted as well are you buying used jeep parts ? Or was that bad powdercoat as well ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2211 (2).jpg
Views:	341
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	613404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2458 (2).jpg
Views:	261
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	613413  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-02-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

I have a tuffstuff rear bumper. These are also branded "Spyder" (NOT Poison Spyder!!!). Yeah the welds aren't perfect but for the money its fantastic. Good powdercoat and everything fit like a glove. holds my 35" tire without issues. No rattles either. I did change out the hardware to grade8 bolts as the bolts that ship with the bumper kinda suck. I believe this is the EXACT same bumper that ExtremeTerrain slaps their "Barricade" name on and jacks the price up a few hundred dollars. I paid 480 shipped to my door. Arrived in perfect condition.

TUFF STUFF 07-15 JEEP WRANGLER JK REAR BUMPER & TIRE CARRIER - Tuff Stuff 4x4 | Tuff Stuff 4x4
Old 06-03-2015, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt_H
When did you order? I ordered on 4/20 and I haven't seen any shipping information as of yet. I was told that it would ship last Monday, then last Friday, then this Monday. They say they are really busy right now...
Ordered mine 4/5 hope to see some shipping info today.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Ordered mine 4/5 hope to see some shipping info today.
I jus called and was told that my order was at the top of the list and that the bumper is done but the carrier is still at powder coat. I was told it will ship Friday or Monday again. Good luck.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

SB XRC Gen 2 with Gen 2 tire carrier. Well I really don't have the tire carrier yet but I plan on it real soon.........I really do.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt_H
I jus called and was told that my order was at the top of the list and that the bumper is done but the carrier is still at powder coat. I was told it will ship Friday or Monday again. Good luck.
Good luck with that! I was just told another 7 days, that there was a material shortage on his truck. 6 to 7 weeks to build and then another week for shipment. How in the hell do I have 5 in front of me when I ordered a month ago and you ordered 2 weeks after me and it ships Friday or Monday? Something not right with this picture!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Kevin123; 06-03-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Good luck with that! I was just told another 7 days, that there was a material shortage on his truck. 6 to 7 weeks to build and then another week for shipment. How in the hell do I have 5 in front of me when I ordered a month ago and you ordered 2 weeks after me and it ships Friday or Monday? Something not right with this picture!!!!!!!!!!!
That's not cool at all, however I won't be surprised when I'm told the same thing again next week. I understand that things come up that are out of their control but I'd be a lot more understanding if they would just provide accurate information and expected shipping time. The day I ordered mine I asked about the lead time because of the "allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, depending on demand" disclaimer on the web site; I was told that they were currently running right at 5 weeks for production.

Who did you talk to today?

It's a cool looking bumper that you don't see on every rig around and all the reviews I've read are that its top notch, and the price I great too (especially for something made in the U.SA.)
Old 06-03-2015, 02:32 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys We have these in stock and ship same day.

David

Quick Reply: Best rear bumper and tire carrier for under $1000