Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire pressure

Old 01-26-2021, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire pressure

Is it possible to change(lower) the pressure at which the tpsm light comes on? and if so, how? thanks
Old 01-26-2021, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Welcome- Jscan and other rdtuners can lower that pressure threshold. Jscan and the obd2 dongle just happen to be the most economical way to do it with a few extra features such as adjusting tire size.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Welcome- Jscan and other rdtuners can lower that pressure threshold. Jscan and the obd2 dongle just happen to be the most economical way to do it with a few extra features such as adjusting tire size.
thats interesting, thanks Man!
Old 01-26-2021, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 112 Likes on 102 Posts

I’m not sure if my issue is isolated to me... but... I changed my tpms settings and now my tire pressure light comes on randomly and even when the tire pressure is above the minimum that’s supposed to trigger the light. I’m about to just turn off the tpms all together. It’s really a nuisance at this point.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by Sv_dude
I’m not sure if my issue is isolated to me... but... I changed my tpms settings and now my tire pressure light comes on randomly and even when the tire pressure is above the minimum that’s supposed to trigger the light. I’m about to just turn off the tpms all together. It’s really a nuisance at this point.
I can't recall what year you have, but seems like it is older. Yours doesn't show you the individual pressures right.....you just get the lower pressure alert or not? If that is the case, I'd bet it's a sensor that is acting up more than the limit threshold. I've got one that has been finicky lately. Will be driving along and all the sudden 1 sensor will show 0 or 1 psi. Will go a couple days and then it will get happy again.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 112 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I can't recall what year you have, but seems like it is older. Yours doesn't show you the individual pressures right.....you just get the lower pressure alert or not? If that is the case, I'd bet it's a sensor that is acting up more than the limit threshold. I've got one that has been finicky lately. Will be driving along and all the sudden 1 sensor will show 0 or 1 psi. Will go a couple days and then it will get happy again.
I have a ‘15. The sensors work fine, I have my tpms alert set to turn on at 22psi. However, I’ll get an alert but my tire pressure on the dash will tell me my pressure is at 25 psi. Its something with the computer not liking what the JScan did. I did read somewhere that if you adjust the tpms settings, it can take a day or two for the alerts to go away and over inflating the tires will help it. I’ve given it time and had tires at 30 psi after adjusting the settings. I still get false pressure alerts. Ambient temperature doesn’t have an effect either, I get false alerts whether it’s hot or cold. It could be due to a single faulty sensor but I’ll likely just turn the system off anyways. I’m not a fan of over complicating things with unnecessary electronics... if I was able to physically see the code being used (within the computers) and how they’re getting their signals (in/out) then I may like it more since I’d be able to find the errors and program them how I want. But, that’s not likely either without an absurd amount of work.

Quick Reply: tire pressure