Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????

Old 02-03-2015, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rip...What a load of BS.... you sure do know how to talk about yourself.... you troll these threads like you own them, .... the "others" you speak of, Sprintex, Mag... and so forth seem not to need to troll the threads to get business,,, they do not have to pat themselves on the back constantly.. .... I've been racing cars for way to many years to fall for a load of BS like this. You must have a degree in retail sales. ... Good luck with your product, and I am happy that you have some people out there that like your unit,,, I for one do not. but it is better than nothing at all I guess...
Old 02-03-2015, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wytmike
"And they will tell you whatever you want to hear.... to sale you their product... your getting a backyard bunch of parts that can not pass California smog...."

For all your bluster and claiming you are all knowing, you are wrong. I have the CARB # to prove it. With that statement as evidence, what else are you exaggerating about your credentials. Lying to try and make your point calls into question everything you say.

Again, do your own research and buy what you want. I did and am very happy with what I did.

Mike
Who is talking about a CARB #. I am talking about hp and tq range. I am arguing the fact that RIPP stated here that they did not dyno a manual, yet on their website, they state they did.

My argument is that a twin screw gets you more power sooner which is why its good for jeeps. I am not saying spools are bad or that is not CARB ready. I am stating Twin Screws are better.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

2climbbig, I was not replying to your comment. If you read the quote at the beginning of my reply, you would have realized that. Instead, you just went out and attacked, like so many others on this thread. It was directed to pauldana and it was his quote that I used.

As stated much earlier, each one of theses systems have their positives and negatives. NONE are perfect, but they all do very well.

The original op asked which was the best. He didn't ask if someone had a personality conflict with someone on the phone. People are commenting that this sucks and that sucks without ever owning one.

Mike
Old 02-03-2015, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Oppsss. Sorry! And I definitely agree with your last statement.

Just wanted to add clarity on the above statement. i agree that each SC offers a different capability. As for comments around the RIPP guy, I don't really care. i do think honesty and professionalism should always come first.

Last edited by 2climbbig; 02-03-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

No worries.

Mile
Old 03-17-2015, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Interesting discussion...

I'm getting ready to install a Sprintex system on my 2015 JKU. I will say that Jeff Tromans and Jay Upton have been great to work with so far. I have a working knowledge of superchargers and the pros and cons of each system, but I'm no expert my any means. Jay and Jeff have been willing to work along side me to make sure my system will be the best it can be..

I'll post more as I go...

Having said that, why did I choose Sprintex?

1) Power at lower RPMs
2) Power that is linear to the throttle, not RPMs
3) Less wear on the engine. How? An engine sees maximum component load the moment the piston changes direction from going up to going down. There is a complicated (and commonly held) theory that increasing the compression pressure, as the supercharger does, actually reduces this maximum load and hence is easier on engine components. In addition, the additional power produced at lower RPMs means you need fewer RPMs to produce the same amount of power. Hence fewer RPMs = less maximum component load = less wear...
Old 03-17-2015, 07:05 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mgriffith67
Interesting discussion...

I'm getting ready to install a Sprintex system on my 2015 JKU. I will say that Jeff Tromans and Jay Upton have been great to work with so far. I have a working knowledge of superchargers and the pros and cons of each system, but I'm no expert my any means. Jay and Jeff have been willing to work along side me to make sure my system will be the best it can be..

I'll post more as I go...

Having said that, why did I choose Sprintex?

1) Power at lower RPMs
2) Power that is linear to the throttle, not RPMs
3) Less wear on the engine. How? An engine sees maximum component load the moment the piston changes direction from going up to going down. There is a complicated (and commonly held) theory that increasing the compression pressure, as the supercharger does, actually reduces this maximum load and hence is easier on engine components. In addition, the additional power produced at lower RPMs means you need fewer RPMs to produce the same amount of power. Hence fewer RPMs = less maximum component load = less wear...
Congrats!!! In case you haven't seen this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vtSxxqc4X8&feature=youtu.be
Old 03-28-2015, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mgriffith67
Interesting discussion... I'm getting ready to install a Sprintex system on my 2015 JKU. I will say that Jeff Tromans and Jay Upton have been great to work with so far. I have a working knowledge of superchargers and the pros and cons of each system, but I'm no expert my any means. Jay and Jeff have been willing to work along side me to make sure my system will be the best it can be.. I'll post more as I go... Having said that, why did I choose Sprintex? 1) Power at lower RPMs 2) Power that is linear to the throttle, not RPMs 3) Less wear on the engine. How? An engine sees maximum component load the moment the piston changes direction from going up to going down. There is a complicated (and commonly held) theory that increasing the compression pressure, as the supercharger does, actually reduces this maximum load and hence is easier on engine components. In addition, the additional power produced at lower RPMs means you need fewer RPMs to produce the same amount of power. Hence fewer RPMs = less maximum component load = less wear...
I just did some research on Sprintex and like it! I may be sold on it. Thanks for your info.

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Old 03-29-2015, 01:57 AM
JK Newbie

Have the mpg and cruise control issues been worked out with the Sprintex unit?
Old 03-29-2015, 03:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dausmus
Have the mpg and cruise control issues been worked out with the Sprintex unit?
I didn't see anything about that. MPG suck anyway, so I'm not too worried about that much. But I hope someone chimes in from Sprintex to let us know about the cruise control.

Quick Reply: Best supercharger for the money... ripp? 505? Sprintex? other?????