Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to hide a key. Learned a lesson today. Jeep Security

Old 12-01-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a Tuffy concealed carry under the driver seat for your belongings.
Then get a membership to the NRA and get a NRA logo hat to put on your dash (warning for the bad guys) followed by a permit to carry and a Sig to put some rounds into whoever is stealing your stuff.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
Then get a membership to the NRA and get a NRA logo hat to put on your dash (warning for the bad guys) followed by a permit to carry and a Sig to put some rounds into whoever is stealing your stuff.
Some thieves may see the NRA decal as a reason to break into a vehicle. They think there might be a weapon in the vehicle to steal
Old 12-01-2014, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
I'm guessing you didn't notice the OP's location. The people's communist country of CA frowns upon gun wielding good guys so they don't make it easy. The nefarious assholes know the odds are in their favor that they won't face any serious opposition to their criminal activities and so it prevails. Cops are only a phone call away, right?

Wait. Did I say that out loud?
Old 12-01-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Jedi

Lock your keys inside and zip tie a spare key where only you know that only opens the door it's like 1 dollar
Old 12-01-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Lock your keys inside and zip tie a spare key where only you know that only opens the door it's like 1 dollar
I'm gonna find yours & mess with you the next time I spot your Jeep, Edgar. Muuhahahaha (evil laugh)
Old 12-01-2014, 08:15 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
I'm gonna find yours & mess with you the next time I spot your Jeep, Edgar. Muuhahahaha (evil laugh)
Good luck! Jokes on you because I don't wheel anymore I got a dirt bike now lol😂😂

Haha just put it back when you are done because I have a habit of locking my keys inside the jeep:(
Old 12-01-2014, 10:36 PM
JK Freak

Take your stuff with you. No brand underseat safe will withstand a crowbar or usually even a large screw driver - tried both. Back in my younger days when I lived in HB, this same thing happened often.

We used to put our valuables and keys/wallet in a zip lock bag and stuff it into a sock. We would bury the sock in the sand near our landing spot and leave just a small piece of the sock to find it. Never had an issue.

Current day, I store stuff under the carpet where I know it can be pulled up.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Thanks for all the positive input. I would love to be a gun owner but here in CA it doesn't work out too well by the coast in the beach cities. Maybe out in the desert this can fly.

The plan is to have the tuffy and my hitchsafe. If it goes any further than that there is really nothing else I can do. If they want it they will get it. I'll have to go on living life I guess with some small items stolen.

Finally just starting to get all my replacement credit cards and new iPhone. Not really what I was planning on spending the money I saved for christmas on but life happens and you gotta roll with the punches.

The tuffy is prob still able to be broken into but I feel if it is enough of a pain in the ass then they might just walk away and move on to something easier. I mean they would have had to crack my trailer hitch and then the tuffy in order to do any real damage.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

A more expensive option but one that I really like in my JKUR is the Tuffy Security Deck covering my entire trunk area. If you lock the car with the key fob (chipped key) then your stuff inside the trunk area is safe even with the soft top down. If they try to unlock the doors by reaching through the window and hitting the unlock button then it still won't unlock the back trunk. Only the key fob unlock button will unlock the back gate, and the trunk area cannot be accessed without the gate open.
I usually take my key with me but if I am kayaking, surfing, etc then I will lock my key in my Tuffy conceal carry drawer under my seat and my other crap in the trunk.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FLJKU
I loved mine in the JKU so much so bought th passenger side one for my JK..... Alas it doesn't fit. If you need one I'll make you a great deal to get it out of my garage.
I am very interested. I just got my first JKU and need a safe for it. Let me know how much.

Quick Reply: Best way to hide a key. Learned a lesson today. Jeep Security