Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bestop Soft Doors Installed

Old 07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably a personal thing that I don't think they look all that great. The way I see it that doesn't really matter cause I wouldn't buy these for looks. For me the sole purpose is for use in a "Downpour"and then the ability to take them off ,like you say and store them in back. Great write-up,Thank's
Old 07-20-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been running them all summer now and concur with everything posted here. They are what they are, and for me, that's good. They protect 99% of weather that matters, look good, and are functional. Driving with half doors is fun, and going to no doors is a snap. Changing configurations is quick and easy, something you'll never get even with factory half doors.

My main reason for getting them was to save trail wear and tear on my factory doors. They're perfect for that.

They offer no collision safety, so if that's a concern for you, I wouldn't recommend them.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

according to the sticker on my soft top, neither do the full steel doors..

these doors are so tempting...
Old 08-13-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

I'll be getting some of these for sure. Reminds me of the doors on my old CJ. Thanks for the write up.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Default thieves suck

I have these doors and in less than a week of owning them, some loser put his hand through the passenger side window and bent the frame and ripped the top door off to try to break into my glove box. I had nothing to steal, so I ended up with a broken glove box and a ripped/bent window. The bummer about these is that it just makes it that much easier and tempting for a break in. Why the guy didn't just unzip the window is what baffles me...
Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MOKOS
I have these doors and in less than a week of owning them, some loser put his hand through the passenger side window and bent the frame and ripped the top door off to try to break into my glove box. I had nothing to steal, so I ended up with a broken glove box and a ripped/bent window. The bummer about these is that it just makes it that much easier and tempting for a break in. Why the guy didn't just unzip the window is what baffles me...
That sucks. Since I sold my hard top and installed a trek top (soft top) I don't even bother locking my doors anymore.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 AM
JK Newbie

For those of you who sold your hard doors (which I may do after I install the soft doors), how did you ship them (assuming you didn't sell locally)? Will UPS accept them?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine yesterday. I put...tried to put them on today. I hope I got a bad batch because I really want to love these doors. A little water and noise will not put me off.
The top window section barely jammed into the bottom section on the driver's side. The passenger side had to be bent and hammered in, literally hammered with a rubber mallet. To get them apart, I had to hold the bottom section with both hands at the waist and put my foot through the window section to separate the driver and passenger side doors.
I arranged a return & exchange. I'll post back when I get the new set.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also, the bottom halves were very tight to close. What I mean is that the fabric was very tight across the width and went over the bottom hinge pin. Closing the door really stretched the fabric and weather striping section. I jammed it shut OK, I guess. Hopefully, I would have stretched alot. You should know, this, in no way, influenced my return.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 1.5 years with soft doors

Higher speeds, pressure differences, and crosswinds cause the top of each door to flop out intermittently--solved with two side velcro 1" strap about 12" long--unzip the window, open the door, expose the top horizontal bar near the middle by pulling the velcro at the top of the door, slip the 1" velcro strap around the bar, close the door and wrap the 1" strap around the roll bar pad and pull fairly tight--fastening can take place, now, once in the seat--to get out unfasten and roll up velcro strap and it will stick to itself up tight on the door--I tried numerous solutions and this is the most practical--Have driven them in all weather, will get some water while in motion, but not bad, they do a good job--parked in rain I put on the half cover. 25k miles on the doors

Quick Reply: Bestop Soft Doors Installed