Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BFG All Terrain ride

I was wanting to install BFG All Terrain tires (285-70-17) on my 08 Unlimited and the Tire store owner warns me that is too stiff of a tire being 8ply and I would not like the ride. I really like the look of the tire and do not want anything less aggressive or anything more aggressive. Just like that tire.
    Does anybody have this tire on their unlimited? And how does it ride on the street?

JK Enthusiast

Default BFG All Terrain

I have 305/65/18's on my 07 unlimited with a Teraflex 3" lift and shocks, and they're 10 ply. Air pressure makes a big difference.

JK Freak

I don't have the BFGs on my jeep now but did have them on my YJ, Cherokee, and currently on my ram. I think they are great tires and ride very well. I never thought they were anything but fantastic.
    Bryan

07 Jeep JK Wrangler X 4dr Greystone, 35x12.50r15 MTR/K, Evo 3" Plushride, Rancho RS9000XL

I had the BFG All-Terrain t/a's on my XJ and loved them. Good ride, not too noisy, decent mileage and very good traction on all surfaces. I'll probably get them again when my Mud Terrain's wear out.

If you like the tire, get them. There's a fair chance the tire store owner is pushing you towards a tire with a bigger profit margin for him.
    Steel blue Rubicon Unlimited received on 3/5/08. Sold my '91 XJ after 17years. It was worth it.

Mods to date: Old Man Emu HD coils in front, Rubicon Express BB in back with monotube shocks; 35" BFG All Terrain t/a's on 17 x 8.5 wheels; Shrock Works mid-width bumper w/ Warn 8000; Rock Hard rocker guards & evap can skid plate; Cool Tech CB mount & tailgate kit; trans cooler; 130w KC Slimlites; Fuel door & s/s sill plates; Superchips Flashpaq; More to come (as wife allows).

the bfg ats in 10 or 8 ply means you juct run less presure for normal driving
    07 Unlimited
    4" Teraflex System
    ShrockWorks sliders
    37 x 13.5 x 18 Toyo Open Country M/T
    18 x 9 Ultra Thunder
    1.25" spacers hub syntric
    teraflex front hd adjustable trac bar
    teraflex second gen rear trac bracket
    1" teraflex front spacers
    smittybuilt scr front bumper modified

I had a set on my F250 that did ride a little stiff at the recommended 60PSI. Just lower the air pressure as others have suggested and it'll be fine.

Don't have them on my JK, but never had any complaints from them on my TJ, great all-around tire.
    2007 X (2 door)- Redrock, Auto, D44, 4.10's, Freedom Top, 17" Moab Wheels with 32" BFG M/Ts, Rubicon Rock Rails, Infinity speakers, Airaid intake.

As a side note...I'm sure they make a compatable height tire in a 6 ply. It might not be the exact same, but it'll be close.

I have BFG AT's on my 08 Unlimited.. they are C-Load tho. 33x12.5x15. they ride smoother and quieter than the 255/75R17 BFG Mud Terrains I had before. I like them much more. I run them at 35 PSI

poser shot.

Last edited by racer83l; 07-23-2008 at 06:25 AM.
    I dont Jeep

I have the 285-71-17 on my JK 2-door and love them. The only thing is that after going with the Black Diamond BB I wish I had a little larger tire....
    I love the ride and enjoy the off road performance as well...

07 Wrangler X 2Dr
    Ocala Jeep Club CERT Team Member
    2" Black Diamond Lift Kit
    285/ 70-17 BFG A/Ts
    Bikini/Duster/ Windjammer
    ARB Front Bumper
    IPF Lights - XRC 8K Winch
    Ultramount CB Antenna

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast