Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BFG AT's

Old 01-14-2017, 08:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too run 37" of the KO2. I have about 6K miles on them now, replaced Goodyear Duratrac. I have no complaints of the Duratrac - they took me through Moab trail ratings 5-8, deep snow in Northern Michigan, but these K02 are a nicer tire for sure. First thing first, where you spend the most of your time (on the road) they are greater overall experience (quieter, less impact felt into the cabin/steering wheel,). As far as off-road, I can't speak to that yet, I can tell you they are great in the snow, and I'm hoping they perform similar to the Duratrac in Moab come this April. I think you can't go wrong if you chose the KO2!
Old 01-14-2017, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

90% on road for these the other 10 mostly dirt road stuff, question now is size, want to get as close to a 33 as I can, from what I've read they run small
I have 17x9 rim's and if I understand correctly I'll lose an inch maybe a half inch in 285 ? so I was looking at 305 or 315 which is 34.4 measured on a 8.5 rim so that would bring me down to a 33
The other thing is weight, I have 3:21's no $ to spend on upgrade there, tires are more important so trying to not go extreme in weight dept. these are actualy 10 pound's heavier than what I have now and trying to keep gas mileage somewhat reasonable where I have a 60 mile round trip commute everyday and during the winter snow is a major factor which past experience I never had an issues with these ( old compound)
Old 01-14-2017, 10:05 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BFG's are best/lightest tire combo available (that at least goes for a 35" and 37's in either a KM2 or a KO2) if you are comparing them to others that are used a lot to those who offroad + DD such as Nittos, Toyos, MTR Kevlars, Mickey Thompsons, etc. Probably because the others also run more true to size.

Generals and the new Cooper STT I'm not sure on. I'm also not sure what the Duratracs weigh but as far as looks go, the Duratracs are pretty fugly...

I run beadlocked 37 KO2's on 3.73. I don't think you really have much to worry about.

Last edited by DJ1; 01-14-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 315/70/17 KO2 set in my 2013 JKU, and a 285/70/17 KO2 set in my 2010 Silverado Crew cab, the set in the truck have around 40k miles, the ones in the Jeep have around 30k miles, and given the way they look, i don't think i'd have any issues reaching 60k miles, the do great onroad, super quiet, they track straight, and they're not harsh, i run them in my Jeep at 34psi, and i DD it 130 miles a day, they perform great in wintry like conditions considering they're AT tires, and Offroad they have exceeded any expectation i've had with regards of AT traction, I've had them in the rocks, gravel, big boulders, smaller volcanic rock, etc, and the sidewall has performed flawlessly so far, i've also had them in light/medium muddy conditions considering i hate mud and don't do mud on purpose, granted, this wouldn't be exactly a mud stomping tire, but at lest they clean themselves a lot better than the old KO tires , which would have left you stuck in a muddy grass field, they resist chunk a lot better than the old KO's too, zero issues with tire balance, and they haven't taken any more weights than other tires i've had in the past with regards of balancing, or have had the need to use beads at all to deal with tire balancing issues, i'm rotating them every 5-8k miles, overall, they have been great tires so far, by far i could say the best AT tires i've had in a very long time.

Last edited by rsmwrangler; 01-14-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply: BFG AT's