Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body armor 4x4 trail doors?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body armor 4x4 trail doors?

Anyone have any feed back on these , ive seen alot of mixed reviews about them rattling and not fitting properly , but also seen some good ones. looking for alittle more input . their on amazon for 280

Amazon.com: Body Armor 4x4 JK-6135Black - Steel Front Trail Doors 2007-2013 JK Jeep Wrangler (Pair): Automotive
Old 03-01-2014, 01:33 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Persoanl View

The first thing one should be aware of with these doors is the strapping.. seeing how these are suppose to be trail doors.. which would or could snag the limbs etc which create an easy access point.. If you planing on getting these doors strictly for elastics.. then they are fine.. Thou I have doors similar which allow the driver to remove or install parts of the door (hard surface area) just for the trail then remove afterward.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine rattled, never latched properly, and the mirrors shook at high speeds. Dumped em for another brand. They definitely look cool, but I wanted something that functioned & worked better, but that's just me.

-Mike
Old 03-01-2014, 01:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love mine.... Bought them last summer on only 6 times cause of our unpredictable weather....wheeled with them in tight bush area no problems at all..... As far as fit... No problem here..... The rattle is easily solved with a piece of electrical tape wrapped around outer edge of door frame thingy(look at pic pen pointing at it) yes thats snow on the ground. But looking to probably sell mine and buy the soft doors with uppers cause when rain or cold weather is predicted I don't have to swap doors all the time.... just throw the uppers on.... I'm in Canada so probably be posting soon for a local buyer.
But they look good too especially with my dirty dog mesh at the back when the tops off in the summer.... I'd recommend them for sure.... The few times I had them on I received many looks and compliments.... I'll be in MOAB may 5-12 maybe I'll sell them there. GOOD LUCK
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3474763004.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	534373   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1944428776.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	534375  
Old 03-01-2014, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

they do rattle, but that's what electrical tape is for. the biggest problem I've had is that the webbing starts to fray and eventually splits on the top rail. i now have mine zip tied up. these have been on about a year, outside in the california weather all day/night.

however, i love the look and they do ok on the trails - haven't had any snags etc, but they don't do a very good job of keeping the mud out though.....
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-01 at 3.46.12 PM.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	534389
Old 03-02-2014, 12:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had mine now for two years and no problems, one latch was defective but was sent a new one without hassle. Webbing is removeable to clean or to just run the tube doors and the defective latch was the only one that rattled, the replacement and the others are rattle free! I didnt bother with mirrors on mine
Old 03-02-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rich13JK
Anyone have any feed back on these , ive seen alot of mixed reviews about them rattling and not fitting properly , but also seen some good ones. looking for alittle more input . their on amazon for 280

Amazon.com: Body Armor 4x4 JK-6135Black - Steel Front Trail Doors 2007-2013 JK Jeep Wrangler (Pair): Automotive
my dad bought a set of these for my moms jku, then she traded it in so they got handed down to me for my jku but i have never had an issue, the latches work well and ive never had any noise or fitment issues with mine.

Last edited by JK-Joey; 03-02-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about to pull the trigger on these as well... hopefully the will meet my needs. I have American Outlaw mirrors and wonder if I can manufacturer a holder for them??

Quick Reply: Body armor 4x4 trail doors?