Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RockHard Full Width Front Bumper

Old 09-15-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RockHard Full Width Front Bumper

I am looking into getting a RockHard full width front bumper. I checked the bumper comparisons thread but it is not listed there. It says that it tapers down and back to protect the Swaybar disconnect unit. That will save me having to buy a skid plate with some other models. Does anyone have experience or opinions/ Pro and Cons on this bumper?

http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/imag...T/DSC09019.JPG
Old 01-10-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to know about this as well. However, I know that this is a pretty new bumper...at least from what I have seen. Does anyone have this? If so, I would love to hear opinions on it too!

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JetDriver
I am looking into getting a RockHard full width front bumper. I checked the bumper comparisons thread but it is not listed there. It says that it tapers down and back to protect the Swaybar disconnect unit. That will save me having to buy a skid plate with some other models. Does anyone have experience or opinions/ Pro and Cons on this bumper?

http://www.rockhard4x4parts.com/imag...T/DSC09019.JPG
I have this bumper, in fact I have the first one RockHard sold. I was complaining to Lewis at RH that I wished he did a full width bumper (similar to his shorty but wider) and he said he had just done the prototype and it was mounted on his JK and that he'd send some pics over.

I wanted a full width because of all the deer and elk we see around here. I did't like the straight across ones like the Mopar style (and others) because you give up too much approach angle when quartering.

IMHO this is the best JK bumper. It makes the AEV and ARB look bulbous in comparison (and AEV was my second choice). I parked next to a guy who had just got an ARB put on and he looked at me and said "I f****d up didn't I"?

THe hardest thing about the install is taking off the plastic POS that Jeep pawns off on us. I think the RH could extend a bit more to the rear to provide a bit more protection to the Disco but I think flipping the Disco will take care of that. Though I think it would be easier to do the flip while the old bumper is off and before putting this one on. I still need to flip mine but I've had no problems and I've spent a lot of time playing in the rocks.

I highly recomend it. I took a bad line and smacked the dickens out of it hard and it is no worse for it. At 799 you can't beat it and I think David will still do free shipping on it. Some of the cheaper imported piece together bumpers get real close to that once you option them out but they're not 1/4" and made in the USA with beautiful welds.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We dont have them on the site yet but we have sold a bunch of them and everybody is very happy with it

David
Old 01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default How much?

David,

How much is your RockHard Full Width? and do you have them in stock? I am shopping bumpers right now and like the look of this one also. Thanks
Old 01-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes we have a bunch of them in stock 829.95 shipped
Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DPJK
David,

How much is your RockHard Full Width? and do you have them in stock? I am shopping bumpers right now and like the look of this one also. Thanks
If you like this bumper after seeing the one pic of it go to RockHards site and look at the pics from other angles. This bumper gives an awesome approach angle; especially with 35's and 37's. It mounts a winch, even the tall powerplant, down between the frame rails instead of on top. I like keep weight as low as possible plus not blocking the radiator is a good thing.

If you do install this bumper with a winch I recommend removing your grill first and cutting off the lower center locating pin and the tab to the left and right. This will allow you to remove the grill to change bulbs and such much easier. This bumper doesn't stick 1/16" further forward than absolutely necessary.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait! Ordered mine last week. Good tip about the grill mod for ease of removal. I'll check it out.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

This bumper is really awsome. I am shopping right now and this is the one. I will be placing my order as soon as I get my email back from them. Can't wait. JOE>
Old 02-25-2009, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Bump

Anyone have pictures of this bumper installed. I like the pics at the RH site, but would still like to see some more.

Thanks

Quick Reply: RockHard Full Width Front Bumper