Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brakes!

Old 08-20-2014, 08:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
stainless lines are going on when ever I finally get the lift put on so that will take care of that part, any one have a recommendation on pads and rotors?
There's a thread on jkowners with part numbers and sources. Its called like br6 brake upgrade or something...

I personally got brakes and calipers off a old chevy k20 from OReillys
Old 08-20-2014, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
There's a thread on jkowners with part numbers and sources. Its called like br6 brake upgrade or something... I personally got brakes and calipers off a old chevy k20 from OReillys
But you are running aftermarket axles with a different bolt pattern aren't you?

I will check out jk owners, that's just what I need another forum to take my time lol
Old 08-20-2014, 08:44 AM
JK Jedi

Lol yeah i am they wouldn't work for you, my point was more so that depending how much you look into you may be able to find quite a bit if options. That thread has a bunch though and will save you the research
Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

What's the consensus on Teraflex's big rotor kit? Combine these rotors with some quality pads and you ought to have some good braking, but I haven't talked with anyone who's actually run this setup so I have no idea how happy owners are with this option.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RubiconGeoff
What's the consensus on Teraflex's big rotor kit? Combine these rotors with some quality pads and you ought to have some good braking, but I haven't talked with anyone who's actually run this setup so I have no idea how happy owners are with this option.
My thoughts are its overpriced
Old 08-20-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

...and proprietary.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Junkie

Another option would be just pads. People seem to really like the EBC Green Stuff pads. Not sure how long they last, but they apparently bite a lot harder. Other than that, larger rotors and new calipers is about the best option for any meaningful change.

Maertz presented an idea that may be worth looking into. There are plenty of larger OEM style calipers that will fit a JK and you can get any larger rotor drilled for the bolt pattern. You'd just need a caliper adapter to make it work. If one is not available, I am nearly certain someone could make one for you (Rock Solid does CNC machining and could likely do it). That all said, you'd want a larger master cylinder then.

I'd vote for a safer following distance
Old 08-20-2014, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did pads and rotors from black magic brakes and they seem to be making a difference when I really get on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2014, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I'd vote for a safer following distance
in the incident that got me thinking about this following distance had nothing to do with it, a guy pulled out in front of me while I was driving down the road. I will probably order the green stuff pads and a set of factory replacement rotors since I have one rotor that is scoured in the middle (not sure why) and if that doesn't help I will start looking into other stuff, I really cant do anything with the bigger rotors since im running 16" wheels.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Really? At under $300 I would think this provides the biggest gain in braking per dollar of all the options out there and is super easy to install.

Quick Reply: Brakes!