Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Busted in PA

Old 07-25-2014, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in wrightsville so its good to know that one of the locals will be looking for me. I have 35's and bushwacker flats and my tires still stick out an inch or so. Did the cop tell you to get them fixed or just give you a ticket?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hair2831
The law is ridiculous. A tire sticking out a quarter inch poses what type of threat? I'm glad I don't live in a place so strict.
It allows the tires to throw rocks or mud or what not which the fenders are supposed to prevent

sent from the bottom of a water hold and didnt lock the motor
Old 07-25-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got stopped a couple years ago for the same thing and fined. Cop told me aftermarket fender flares that extend past 3 or 4 inches are illegal in PA even thought the factory front flare is way past that.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrod250
If you've ever been on a motorcycle and pelted with a rock that flew out of a tire, you wouldn't think so
I have. Several times. Glad I was wearing the proper gear. It made it a non issue? Dress for crash, not for the weather! Have you heard that before?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah because we all know that rocks can't be kicked up by any other type of vehicle but a Jeep with tires half an inch past the fenders.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Softtailfreek
I live in wrightsville so its good to know that one of the locals will be looking for me. I have 35's and bushwacker flats and my tires still stick out an inch or so. Did the cop tell you to get them fixed or just give you a ticket?
I'm in Wrvll, too. Gave a ticket and noted on it about my exposed windshield lights. $128 bucks.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:30 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you run mudflaps as an option?
Old 07-25-2014, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

It has always been an easy ticket in PA, I think there is more of a chance with rocks and mud because of the angle from centerline to lowest part of the fender, in other words trucks are supposed to have a 22 degree or less angle. So a rock picked up by the tread and thrown back can happen with any vehicle but the lower the fender to lower the trajectory. I guess there are a few questions, 1) is this tread or sidewall? 2) how much coverage do you need?

When you turn the wheel on any vehicle the tire will stick out past the fender.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same thing happened to me. Have me 10 days to fix it. Got Bushwacker pocket flares. Been ok so far. I was parked at work when he stopped me. Not cop bashing but total douchebag move.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Probably a stricter law in PA because of the tons of cinders they throw down in the winter. Use chemicals like the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Busted in PA