Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calling on mechanics...

Old 10-04-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default calling on mechanics...

Got 2 codes on my Rubicon a little while ago....

P0869 - Line Pressure High
P1745 - Transmission Line Pressure Too High For Too Long

I was just driving home, stop and go traffic, nothing extreme. Does anyone know what this is?

ps. I did post this in stock section too. Wasn't sure where to post it at for best results.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may help a little.

hXXp://dodgeram.info/tsb/2007/21-002-07.htm

Replace the hXXP with http.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

Go here and enter your VIN and see if you have any recalls.

https://www.jeep.com//hostb/crossbrand/owners/en/
Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

The thing is, it seems to be running fine. I will admit, I only drove it about 4 more miles to my house and now it is parked in the garage. I didn't notice any change in performance...no shuttering or jeky shifts or anything like that.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Super Freak

This is something old school that you don't hear much but I still feel it is good advice. When you are doing city driving and especially stop and go stuff turn the OD function off. It will help the tranny run cooler and also when sitting still for more than 30 seconds or so put it in neutral. I think you might have been experiencing some heating issues.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Thanks guys for the info and responses. I'm going to take it in tomorrow and have the stealership check it out. Of corse my bumper to bumper ran out about 3 weeks ago, so we'll see if the Lifetime Powertrain covers this issue. Of course I'm not holding my breathe.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by genesbro
This is something old school that you don't hear much but I still feel it is good advice. When you are doing city driving and especially stop and go stuff turn the OD function off. It will help the tranny run cooler and also when sitting still for more than 30 seconds or so put it in neutral. I think you might have been experiencing some heating issues.
X2 Ya the neutral trick works...remember my Dad doing that on a 77' chevy Impala...what a boat.
Thanks for the reminder

Trending Topics

Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take it to the dealer and make them check it out. you don't want your JK ending up a pile of burnt metal.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

hopefully it's electrical - trans wiring harness.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by wrnglrguy
Got 2 codes on my Rubicon a little while ago....

P0869 - Line Pressure High
P1745 - Transmission Line Pressure Too High For Too Long

I was just driving home, stop and go traffic, nothing extreme. Does anyone know what this is?

ps. I did post this in stock section too. Wasn't sure where to post it at for best results.
Here is some info on the codes you have:

[h=2]P0869-LINE PRESSURE HIGH[/h] [h=4]Theory of Operation[/h]
Line pressure is measured by the Line Pressure Sensor (LPS) and regulation is achieved by changing the duty cycle of the Pressure Control Solenoid (PCS) controlled by the Transmission Control System. (5% duty cycle = solenoid off = Max line pressure, 62% duty cycle = solenoid on = Min line pressure). The Transmission Control System calculates the desired line pressure based on inputs from both the engine and transmission.
The Transmission Control System calculates torque input to the transmission and uses it as the primary input to the desired line pressure calculation. This is called Torque Based Line Pressure. In addition, the line pressure is set to a preset level 827 or 931 kPa (120 or 135 psi) during shifts and in Park and Neutral to ensure consistent shift quality. The desired line pressure is continuously being compared to the actual line pressure. If the actual line pressure is consistently higher than the highest desired line pressure ever used in the current gear, the line pressure high DTC P0869 will set.

• When Monitored: Continuously while driving in a forward gear.
  • Set Condition: The PCM continuously monitors Actual Line Pressure. If the Actual Line Pressure reading is greater than the highest Desired Line Pressure ever used in the current gear, while the Pressure Control Solenoid duty cycle is at or near its maximum value (which should result in minimum line pressure), the DTC will set.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]Possible Causes
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"](F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]LINE PRESSURE SENSOR CONNECTION
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"](T118) LP VFS CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"](F856) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"](T118) LP VFS CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]TRANSMISSION CONTROL OUTPUT CIRCUIT
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]LINE PRESSURE SENSOR
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]STUCK OR STICKING MAIN REGULATOR VALVE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[h=2]P1745-TRANSMISSION LINE PRESSURE TOO HIGH FOR TOO LONG[/h] [h=4]Theory of Operation[/h]
This DTC is an informational DTC to inform the technician that transmission has been operating in an open-loop line pressure control for 3220 kilometers (2000 miles) or 1000 2-3 upshifts resulting from a Line Pressure DTC. The 42RLE Transmission is not designed to operate in open-loop line pressure control for an extended period time. This DTC is intended to protect the transmission. If the DTC sets, the transmission controller will place the transmission into limp-in mode.

• When Monitored: Continuously with ignition on.
  • Set Condition: If the transmission has been operating in an open-loop line pressure control for 3220 kilometers (2000 miles) or 1000 2-3 upshifts.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]Possible Causes
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white"]LINE PRESSURE DTCS PRESENT

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Quick Reply: calling on mechanics...