Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can Lockers Break the Axle?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion you don't want to run with lockers on all the time, you are just begging for trouble. Lockers are a double edged sword; if one wheel looses traction the other three can pick up the slack, the problem is when you are on a solid surface, such as rocks, and try to turn all 4 wheels will continue turn at the same pace, something HAS to give.

The other danger is that if you are going up a steep him on an angle and the front wheels start to spin it is going to come right around on you.

I always try to use as little technology as possible, part of the fun of wheeling is managing your way through challenging situations. Don't let technology shadow the driver. My .02 worth.

Quick Reply: Can Lockers Break the Axle?