Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking noise in front end (HELP)

Old 07-31-2014, 07:59 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm almost embarrassed to say this, but hopefully it will save someone else in the future.

So I put on a new RK lift, took it for a short drive around the block a few times to center the steering, jumped in with my 11 year son for a tad longer test drive (5 miles or so), on some various street types to test it's ride. We started getting a ticking in the front on a curvy road and it got worse and worse. I pulled off into a neighborhood, stopping looking under it at everything sounded like a wheel bearing... trying to figure out how I could have f-ed that up! I know I had both front and rear axles down??? maybe? I start thinking I might have to have it towed home is was getting bad fast!

My kid during one of the times while I was stopped laying under the Jeep said to me "Hey Dad, should these wheel nuts move with your fingers?"

I never tightened down the lugs on the driver side front. Not sure I would have made it home (2 miles) without it coming loose.

First and last time I do that I hope.

Quick Reply: Clicking noise in front end (HELP)