Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coil spacer kits and brake lines

Old 02-07-2016, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile coil spacer kits and brake lines

I just installed a AEV 2" coil spacer kit on my 2015 JK unlimited. I did not use the supplied brackets to relocate the front factory brake brackets. The factory hard brake lines literally have no play in them. Do I need to relocate the factory bracket if I am not planning on any rock climbing or hard four wheeling? Do I need to go to a longer braided soft line? Does anybody know of a bracket or a cool way to secure the loose lines other than zip tying them to the lower shock tube? Thanks
Old 02-08-2016, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would suggest flexing it and checking the lines
i know when i did a 2.5 bb i had to use the brackets for the brake lines but i also go offroading with it.
from my experience with wranglers over the years every one is a little different, what works for one wont for another
Old 02-10-2016, 08:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

on newer JK's you dont need to do anything to the top bracket. the zip ties work well but if you want something fancy you can do this.. I did and they work well. you wont droop enough to stretch the stock brake lines on an aev 2.5" with this set up.
07 16 Jeep Wrangler JK Brake Line Guide Kit Increase Lifted Jeep Safety | eBay

Quick Reply: coil spacer kits and brake lines