Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Concerns regarding lifting a lease

Old 03-05-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Go for it. Here is why:

1. Wranglers hold their value. That means the residual will be lower than blue book at the end of the lease (or darn close).

2. Don't "return" your leased vehicle. "Trade" it in. Dealers can buy leased vehicles. You should have no trouble getting the buyout price on the Jeep. I've done this exact thing with every lease I've ever had (didn't lease my Jeep though, but that is for other reasons). I always went over on miles and just traded it in. No penalty.

The bigger issue you have is that a lease company will charge you for anything. You are bound to get some wear and tear. No sense in getting charged for that.

Build it up!
Totally agree, I actually got more then the buy out because of the mods and the dealership used it to draw buyers in by putting it right out front!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the responses, guys.

After doing some more reading I am now leaning towards a Teraflex 2.5 BB w/ 5100's since it seems like the most economical choice. Inexpensive and easily reversible for when it comes time to turn in the lease but I can still run 35's and have better offroad performance. I wish I had come to this conclusion before I shelled out money for the AEV lift, I guess I was a little bit overeager at the time.

Quick Reply: Concerns regarding lifting a lease