Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Control Arms Upgrade

Old 05-02-2016, 09:35 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Why did you quote me?
I did not say teraflex had double adjusters. I just said their joints suck. I would never recommend anyone buying a teraflex product for my own personal reasons.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Teraflex's lower (larger) flex joints are fine, the issue is their small upper flex joints. They are too small for the loads they're expected to handle, and the front upper frame end joints get the added issue of heat deterioration due to proximity to exhaust components. However, TF's clevite joints are as good as any. Recently they've released Sport & Alpine labeled suspension arms that use clevites on both ends of the upper & lower arms. Frankly, the majority of users don't need Johnny Joint-type ends and like Metal Cloak & Synergy, there's a trend away from them. At present I'm testing TF's upper frame side clevites on my long arm. I just came back from Moab
And after several days on the trail I didn't notice any deterioration in performance. Time will tell on durability .
Old 05-02-2016, 01:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Why did you quote me? I did not say teraflex had double adjusters. I just said their joints suck. I would never recommend anyone buying a teraflex product for my own personal reasons.
Because the OP mentioned the Alpine CA's which DO NOT use their flex joints.
My bad on the double adj part, that wasnt a correction rather noting what they used.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3719893900.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	645766  

Last edited by kjeeper10; 05-02-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do not order from Morris 4x4!!!

I ordered a set of front and rear lowers and uppers, and they sent me two sets of front lowers and not a set of rear lowers. Needless to say my jeep is up on axle stands while I figure out a way to fix Morris 4x4's issue. They said they will not pay for the return shipping on a part that they messed up on... Great customer service ...NOT
Old 05-03-2016, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Northridge4x4 for the win.

Stop the madness, call NR and deal with the best guys that there are.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I appreciate all the feedback... I do understand a little more about the arms now.. I went with the synergy arms and as usual, I did deal with Northridge!! It's more about a want rather than a need... I really just hate seeing those old banged up stock arms with the new lift...
Old 05-03-2016, 06:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my Synergy CA. They were easy to adjust.
Northridge4x4 has good deals on them.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Because the OP mentioned the Alpine CA's which DO NOT use their flex joints.
My bad on the double adj part, that wasnt a correction rather noting what they used.
OK, thanks
Old 05-03-2016, 06:42 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
RK arms are a pain in the ass to adjust and even a bigger pain to get the joints centered. They're what I run and I wouldn't recommend them for that reason.
Our new kits come with double adjustable uppers for easier and fine adjustment of caster on the front. This can be done in car to ease the alignment process. http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDe...ctCode=RK04098

When tightening the jam nut on lower control arms we typically recommend doing this in a bench top vice. Makes centering the ball very simple.

RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 05-03-2016 at 06:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Our new kits come with double adjustable uppers for easier and fine adjustment of caster on the front. This can be done in car to ease the alignment process. http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDe...ctCode=RK04098 When tightening the jam nut on lower control arms we typically recommend doing this in a bench top vice. Makes centering the ball very simple. RK
Not exactly sure how that is a rebuttal but thanks for the heads up? That's the same arms I'm running and being double adjustable only aids in making the a pain in the ass, especially because they pretty much need to be tightened on the jeep so that not only do the joints on each end get centered but also that the link itself hold position.

Quick Reply: Control Arms Upgrade