Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooper STT Pro?

Old 02-12-2016, 04:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooper STT Pro?

Looking at pulling the trigger and ordering the Cooper STT Pro's, the other two considerations are the Toyo MT's or BFG KM2's, but I think I'm stuck on the Pro's.
Any review, feedback or thoughts on Pro's or Pro's vs the other two?

Edit: I heard a few complaints about the Pro's pulling to one side which is my only con I found about them so far.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... I hope they are great tire, just order five (5) of them last night in 37x12.5r17 from Discount Tire.

Plus the $135 rebate savings was a nice bonus.

Last edited by Extremneon; 02-12-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

I've been running STT Pro's for about 2 months. I went from 315 Duratrac to 37" STT Pro's. Very smooth on the road, great in snow/packed snow and ice. It was the STT's not the STT Pro's that had a pulling problem sometimes. They have a 3 ply sidewall, D load rating and weigh in at 77 lbs which is not bad for a 37" tire. You will be happy with them....
Old 02-12-2016, 09:49 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by heycody
Edit: I heard a few complaints about the Pro's pulling to one side which is my only con I found about them so far.
Check the other couple of STT Pro threads already started. As mentioned, a few people with the old style STT's talked about a pull, haven't seen a single person say that the STT Pro has a radial pull.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Ahh okay okay, maybe I read the other reviews wrong. Thanks guys
Old 02-12-2016, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wag originally looking at the Pros but have found STTs for about $180/tire locally in a 315 70 17.
Might want to check into that if you're not set on pros
Old 02-13-2016, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the savings for the STT's is worth possibly having radial pull. I would go for the pro's. I still love my STT's but my wife drove it today and said "Wow, I forgot how much this pulls to the left!"

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 02-14-2016, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmm, maybe I should rethink..almost 60‰ more though
I've only driven one vehicle with radial pull, a Tacoma running kenda mts (I think... Looked like a stt or toyo mt tread). I didn't think it was too bad but the owner bitched. I haven't researched it that much, does it affect wear/performance or just pull to one side?
I'm not trying to say its not an issue, but if it's minimal (like the one I drove) I could deal with it
Old 02-14-2016, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't noticed it affecting tire wear. After 2.5 years of driving this way it still bothers me slightly. I'm used to it but I would much rather not have it. If you let go of the wheel on the highway in the left lane you will be into the divider fairly quickly. For me it would be worth the extra money. If you're looking at 35" tires, Firestone Destination MT's were fantastic. Had them on my '07. They are as aggressive as the STT's and fairly cheap. As far as I know, not one of the ones with radial pull. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 02-14-2016, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Zero pull with my pros. Had a pull to the left with nittos, right with mt/r, these track straight.
And they are much better in rain and slick rocks than KM2s

Quick Reply: Cooper STT Pro?