Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cure for tracking on the Highway???

Old 09-21-2014, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

JKS has a set of drop brackets too. stated to be used for 2" - 4.5. I may even put them on mine. They make a huge difference in handling of the Jeep. If they have a 2" setting im down for a set for sure. mine is not bad but could always be better. The local dealer here puts on 4 in lift with no correction for anything. Their jeeps must handle like crap.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
JKS has a set of drop brackets too. stated to be used for 2" - 4.5. I may even put them on mine. They make a huge difference in handling of the Jeep. If they have a 2" setting im down for a set for sure. mine is not bad but could always be better. The local dealer here puts on 4 in lift with no correction for anything. Their jeeps must handle like crap.
I just saw those too. Do they have two holes for the lowers for different height lifts?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 09-21-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Also Rancho makes a welded one piece design line the JKS

Old 09-21-2014, 06:21 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AEV geometry correction brackets worked wonders for me. No more white knuckles for me
Old 09-21-2014, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Nthinuf and Kojac nailed it. Likely caster causing the darting coupled with big ass tires.
I have a 4" Evo lift on 35" Kevlars and the RC drop brackets.
Ride is decent, a little darty at times which is why I'll be throwing on some AEV brackets I got from my friend. They have a couple extra holes to set your arms up at for more caster.

Ok, I typed in jeep castors because I wasn't sure what that is , aev brackets from quadratec popped up. So, these give it a better ride? I checked my tire pressure and it was 47psi. I am doing the chalk test after church. I still new to the jeep and jacked up thing, so thanks for your help.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jasonmd13

Ok, I typed in jeep castors because I wasn't sure what that is , aev brackets from quadratec popped up. So, these give it a better ride? I checked my tire pressure and it was 47psi. I am doing the chalk test after church. I still new to the jeep and jacked up thing, so thanks for your help.
Yep those are the ones. Those will help alot with not only ride stability but also bump absorbtion due to flattening out the angle of the arms.

Those tire pressures are way high for a big tire.
My 35's are at 30 psi. What do your side walls say Max PSI cold is?

Old 09-21-2014, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes JKS brackets have holes for various lifts. I was on their website and im liking their products. ALOT.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Ok, chalked the tires. I should have known they had too much pressure. they still had rubber tits on inch inside the sidewall.

BUT, at 28 PSI my tire light is on. What fixes that, put more air in? I have a programmer, but never used it. I doubt it would adjust the tire pressure light....

It was a smoothier ride, but haven't gotten very fast yet
Old 09-21-2014, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jasonmd13
Ok, chalked the tires. I should have known they had too much pressure. they still had rubber tits on inch inside the sidewall.

BUT, at 28 PSI my tire light is on. What fixes that, put more air in? I have a programmer, but never used it. I doubt it would adjust the tire pressure light....

It was a smoothier ride, but haven't gotten very fast yet
Yeah they tend to start kicking on lights around that psi....try 30-32

Old 09-21-2014, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack
Yes JKS brackets have holes for various lifts. I was on their website and im liking their products. ALOT.
Right on man. I like all things JKS to be honest!
I have and love their track bar

Quick Reply: Cure for tracking on the Highway???