Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cure for tracking on the Highway???

Old 09-21-2014, 09:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I am not sure about if your programmer can change the pressure settings. I got the dealer to lower mine down. worked so far.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/ranc...0-459291FCA480

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 09-21-2014, 12:33 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd13
BUT, at 28 PSI my tire light is on. What fixes that, put more air in? I have a programmer, but never used it. I doubt it would adjust the tire pressure light....
Yeah, tire shops like to really over-inflate our tires.

Any of the programmers/tuners on the market will lower the psi or turn the system off for your 2008. The AEV ProCal and Superchips FlashCal will be the least expensive. They are both programers, with no actual tuning functions, but plenty of other useful features. If you want a 'bit' of added performance, the Superchips Flashpaq and Diablosport inTune are two of the more popular tuners.

There are plenty of threads on the various tuners, be sure to read through a few if you decide to go this route.

Also, they all get VIN locked to a specific vehicle, so if you find one used, VERIFY that it has been unlocked from the previous jeep.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, my flashpaq did lower the tire pressure. It came with the jeep and I havent got a chance to play with it yet.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Wow, rough day so far. I failed to read what I quoted - that you already have the tuner.

So yeah, it will let you lower the psi to turn the light off.

And there is also a separate Offroad function you can download that will let you set the psi to '0', effectively shutting the system off. (for people who got tired of those damn sensors breaking, or just didn't have them installed in new tires.)
Old 09-21-2014, 01:44 PM
JK Newbie

I have never messed with the programmer, it is now on economy, do most people run 91 octane?
Old 09-21-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

There are huge threads on the flashpaq. What is boils down to is: try them all and see which, if any, works for you.

For me, at altitude, I felt a little something with the tow tune running either 87 or 91, nothing much with the others. Not really a seat of the pants improvement for me, but I noticed that I stayed in OD a bit longer before the trans kicked down on all the hills around here. And maybe a slight mpg gain from staying in OD longer.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
AEV, JKS, or these, I like the idea and I'm gonna order these this week. Will it affect the alignment ? Also, is it as easy to put on as it looks?
Thanks for everyone's help
Old 09-21-2014, 04:46 PM
JK Junkie

AEV, JKS, or these, I like the idea and I'm gonna order these this week. Will it affect the alignment ? Also, is it as easy to put on as it looks?
Yes very easy. Will give you some pointers if you get them.
Brackets raised caster angle and firm up the steering.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 09-21-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I see you're in Mcdonough,GA. I would check Summit Racing for the Rancho drop brackets, they may have them in stock. If not they would have them to you fast. If you order them online at Summit I can send you a 10% off code.

Quick Reply: Cure for tracking on the Highway???