Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Currie Control Arms

Old 08-29-2015, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Currie Control Arms

You know Currie did not give much instructions on installing there control arm's other than front and back. So I said to my self, "Just must be common sense with these zerk fitting I'll have to grease sooner or later." I've been messing with these things on,off and over... So today I said," I'll check the images on Google." and now I'm really confused. I have all the lock nuts up on the frame (not axles) ends right now and they seem pretty parrellel with the factory mounting tabs. Is this the right way?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK08MCS
You know Currie did not give much instructions on installing there control arm's other than front and back. So I said to my self, "Just must be common sense with these zerk fitting I'll have to grease sooner or later." I've been messing with these things on,off and over... So today I said," I'll check the images on Google." and now I'm really confused. I have all the lock nuts up on the frame (not axles) ends right now and they seem pretty parrellel with the factory mounting tabs. Is this the right way?
I Run Curries, that said double check length you want make sure joints are straight and tighten Jam Nut.
The Johnny Joint end with jam nut go's to frame mount, grease zerks up. Make sure you grease the joints
Before install...
Old 08-29-2015, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Thank you Rebar. Think I'm going to take it to the alignment shop. Got some vibration in the front at freeway speeds
Old 08-30-2015, 02:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK08MCS
Thank you Rebar. Think I'm going to take it to the alignment shop. Got some vibration in the front at freeway speeds
All 8 ? How do pinion angles look ?

You can set and install lowers. Then use a jack to hold the diff where you want it. Adjust uppers out to align holes. Drop jack and re-measure angles.
Front +1-2°
Rear -2°

Most alignment shops wont deal with adj arms so ask the question before wasting $80
Old 08-30-2015, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Most alignment shops wont deal with adj arms so ask the question before wasting $80
LOL, your right about that, but they didn't charge me after the 2 hour wait. They referred me to 4 Wheel Parts... Yeah the guys that said, I "Frankensteined my jeep together." Where is the fun in having them do everything for you 😜

On the hunt for a alignment shop in my area and that will deal with all my undoings

Quick Reply: Currie Control Arms