Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate

Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just received the skid plate and I checked that my blue ox knuckles fit on the tow bar. However the blue ox pins are very tight in the tow bar. I'm thinking also to drill a hole for the breakaway. I have a 14 so will have to cut the frame a little.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by s2kdrifter
Just received the skid plate and I checked that my blue ox knuckles fit on the tow bar. However the blue ox pins are very tight in the tow bar. I'm thinking also to drill a hole for the breakaway. I have a 14 so will have to cut the frame a little.
Pins loosened up after a few uses. Good to go! Still looking for an aftermarket bumper that fits with this skidplate. Emailed Currie, never heard back...
Old 04-01-2015, 08:08 PM
JK Newbie

I just ran a 1/2 drill through the holes and now the Blue Ox pins slide through easily. Then just touch them up with a little paint.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Pins loosened up after a few uses. Good to go! Still looking for an aftermarket bumper that fits with this skidplate. Emailed Currie, never heard back...
I'm using mine with the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite bumper.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Default EAG bumper and Currie tow bar plate

I just installed a EAG stubby bumper and a Currie tow bar mount plate. I had to drill a few now holes in the Currie plate and drilled thru the bumper to mount the front of the plate. I did bend the outer lip of the toe bar mount up to the bend on the bumper to get the most outer mounting holes attached to the bumper. The tow bar mounting tabs do hang out there a bit so the hard core guys will see that as a negative but for the average wheeler like myself it will be fine. I can't believe how well the mount matched up to the bumper. Oh and the EAG bumper from vicious offroad is very good quality. It surprised me how heavy duty it was for $191.00 with free shipping.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default EAG bumper and Currie tow bar plate

I just installed a EAG stubby bumper and a Currie tow bar mount plate. I had to drill a few now holes in the Currie plate and drilled thru the bumper to mount the front of the plate. I did bend the outer lip of the toe bar mount up to the bend on the bumper to get the most outer mounting holes attached to the bumper. The tow bar mounting tabs do hang out there a bit so the hard core guys will see that as a negative but for the average wheeler like myself it will be fine. I can't believe how well the mount matched up to the bumper. Oh and the EAG bumper from vicious offroad is very good quality. It surprised me how heavy duty it was for $191.00 with free shipping.

Quick Reply: Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate