Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate

Old 03-20-2012, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate

Anyone running this base plate for towing, www.rockjock4x4.com . It looks cool. I have a Blue Ox tow bar already. Just got the Jk and need a base plate for towing. This is alot cheaper than the blue ox base plates and looks better IMO. Any feed back would be great. Thanks
Old 03-22-2012, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone ????
Old 03-23-2012, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

I use one to tow my JKUR behind my Class C. Had to trim it though or otherwise need to trim the box weld on the end of the compatibility beam for 2010 and up. Call Currie for details. It's very strong and as you stated cheaper than a Blue Ox mount.

Jeff

Originally Posted by Cpthulk
Anyone running this base plate for towing, www.rockjock4x4.com . It looks cool. I have a Blue Ox tow bar already. Just got the Jk and need a base plate for towing. This is alot cheaper than the blue ox base plates and looks better IMO. Any feed back would be great. Thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I have an O7 so I shoudn't have to trim it. Gonna order one tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Hi cpthulk, did you end up with the Currie base plate?
I'm thinking to order the same thing for my 07 JKU and use a Roadmaster or Blue Ox. I am a little worried that the base plate woild be too low for light/moderate off-roading. Any input?
Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have this baseplate and yes it works well. I have never hit it on rocks yet. I use the ready brutte towbar with the serge brake.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you are using the blue ox towbar, the attachments are to thick to fit into the Currie Base plate. I used the ones supplied.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default tow bar

any input on use with a Roadmaster setup
Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by slimpickens4
any input on use with a Roadmaster setup
I'm trying to do the exact same thing with a Roadmaster Allterain Blackhawk2 Towbar. Just calle Currie - trying to get some dimensional info on the bracket mounts.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chesterhull
Hi cpthulk, did you end up with the Currie base plate?
I'm thinking to order the same thing for my 07 JKU and use a Roadmaster or Blue Ox. I am a little worried that the base plate woild be too low for light/moderate off-roading. Any input?
Sorry for the late reply. I did by the curry base plate and it is really nice. Easy to install. I use it with my Blue Ox tow bar. Had to use the ends supplied by Currie. Also took a file to the hole in the base plate where the pin goes through to fit the Blue Ox pins. They look stronger than the ones supplied by Currie

Quick Reply: Currie Tow Bar Mounting Plate