Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom winsheild light mount.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom winsheild light mount.

not sure exactly where to post this but hey its a mod so... i've been seeing a bunch of jks with lights on the winsheild but besides the mopar mount haven't seen any brackets for it yet. so i decided to make my own. here's the initial design. i'm making mine out of 1/4" black acrylic just because of the ease of it for me to form at my shop. and it sould be strong enough to support the light (not much weight bareing) and if vibration becomes an issue i have it as a template for a steel or aluminum version.

hope this helps would be home fabracators. and hope i am not stepping on anyones toes... but i could provide some cad drawings as well
Old 01-12-2007, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I first read the topic I was thinking you might be searching for one and I was thinking go to machine shop and have one made...looks as if we are on the same page. Nice job.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by xravn
not sure exactly where to post this but hey its a mod so... i've been seeing a bunch of jks with lights on the winsheild but besides the mopar mount haven't seen any brackets for it yet. so i decided to make my own. here's the initial design. i'm making mine out of 1/4" black acrylic just because of the ease of it for me to form at my shop. and it sould be strong enough to support the light (not much weight bareing) and if vibration becomes an issue i have it as a template for a steel or aluminum version.

hope this helps would be home fabracators. and hope i am not stepping on anyones toes... but i could provide some cad drawings as well

Please send me the cad files. litlewoolf@aol.com
Old 01-14-2007, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

If anyone finds a manufacturer of these brackets to mount lights without mirros, please post a link. I'm waiting.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Quick Reply: Custom winsheild light mount.