Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dana super 60

Old 08-21-2014, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
72 will be nice i think. I dont remember if your going outboard cos or what, thats where its a huge help.
Outboard ORIs. I measured the rear axle and it has about 5"-6" more axle tube than my stock 44 (I'll get an accurate measurement once they're in my garage tomorrow).

I am really hoping I can make it happen without notching the frame in the rear. It probably comes down to how much back space I want to run. I love my ATX Slabs, so a new set of those with 3.5" BS would make life easy, but that is crazy wide.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Outboard ORIs. I measured the rear axle and it has about 5"-6" more axle tube than my stock 44 (I'll get an accurate measurement once they're in my garage tomorrow).

I am really hoping I can make it happen without notching the frame in the rear. It probably comes down to how much back space I want to run. I love my ATX Slabs, so a new set of those with 3.5" BS would make life easy, but that is crazy wide.
mines 69 with 3.5 bs and i had to notch frame. I wish i would have went 72 or even 74. Width doesnt scare me lol. itd add stability.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
mines 69 with 3.5 bs and i had to notch frame. I wish i would have went 72 or even 74. Width doesnt scare me lol. itd add stability.
Interesting. You think I have a chance at not having to notch the frame?
Old 08-21-2014, 10:33 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Interesting. You think I have a chance at not having to notch the frame?
i can look closer tonight for you. Front will clear fine, the rear i have my lower mount all the way out to my bracket where i did my brake conversion. To get mine 69 wide though i used spacers, so if yours is that wide without you may sneak by. Ringer made it work on a stock width wich is close to what mine was until the spacers, but he had to go damn near thru the frame i believe. i regret doing the d60 rear especially the one i have lol.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dana

Went ahead and bought the Dana super 60 casting no. 256, i was looking for the 248 which is suppose to be 69" WMS - WMS, i could not find a 248 and the guy told me this 256 was 73" so i decided that would work, however when i got the axel it is actually 77". if the dully wheel extenders are removed 84.5 with them on. So I will be narrowing the axel, I believe i can get away with just shortening the pass side tube, does anyone know if that will work, What to watch put for, I've heard the drive shaft clearance is tight on the drivers side. Also, if im doing one tube , is it worth just doing both and changing the castor and pinion angle? Also starting to figure pieces for the build, does anyone have a source for unit bearing that the not $500 a piece from Currie. I have also heard some complaints about spongy, if sticking with the OEM calipers, I don't see any reason to not use the calipers short of I need to hit the gym to make sure I can hang one. What have guys been doing on the spongy petal, is there a bolt on booster?

Thx
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	574265   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	574266  

Quick Reply: dana super 60