Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decision about skid plates

Old 03-19-2014, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the RockHard because there's standoff from the oil pan. Any skid you get WILL deflect and bend as you go over rocks, but since the Evo skid is right against the oil pan, when it deflects it bends into the oil pan whereas the RockHard has room to deflect up BEFORE it hits the pan. To me that extra space is in essence extra protection.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I decided to go with the Evo. I like the ground clearance at the oil pan and I believe the cross member skid will protect the exhaust bugle better than the rock hard. Since I have a manual transmission I'm going to wait about ordering the trans plate but do plan on getting it in a few weeks. This was a hard decision. I hope I don't regret it down the road. So far the only complaints I've heard about the evo are installing trans plate and exhaust crossover rattling when dropped.

Quick Reply: Decision about skid plates