Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deep Lip elimintaes need for wheel spacers?

Old 07-22-2014, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found a GY Duratrack in LT295/65R18
Old 07-22-2014, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Toyo Open Country M/T - 33X12.50R18, expensive but great LOOKING tire and gives me a true 33
Old 07-22-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

That wheel should work fine. My wheels are 17x9 with a -12 offset and the have a nice stocky muscular stance. They stick out 1/2 inch maybe 3/4 of an inch past the fenders. Ur wheels would be an inch wider and about a half inch more for the offset. So they should stick past the fenders about an inch maybe 1.25 inches. It should look good that way. And I have had the toyo open country mt's. They are good tires but they are heavy and I lost a few miles per gallon when I was running them but you would have a true 33 and 12.5 wide would be a nice fit on that rim. I do a lot of highway driving and they wore down faster than I would have hoped but it was expected, and as they did the became noisy. The GY duratrac's that I have now have a little over 20k on them and still look new and sofar have had great grip in the mud, rain, dry. Haven't had any snow in fl to try that out but I am really impressed so far. I would get them again and are much cheaper than the toyos. I would run the 295/65 with that setup
Old 07-22-2014, 11:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 040jk
That wheel should work fine. My wheels are 17x9 with a -12 offset and the have a nice stocky muscular stance. They stick out 1/2 inch maybe 3/4 of an inch past the fenders. Ur wheels would be an inch wider and about a half inch more for the offset. So they should stick past the fenders about an inch maybe 1.25 inches. It should look good that way. And I have had the toyo open country mt's. They are good tires but they are heavy and I lost a few miles per gallon when I was running them but you would have a true 33 and 12.5 wide would be a nice fit on that rim. I do a lot of highway driving and they wore down faster than I would have hoped but it was expected, and as they did the became noisy. The GY duratrac's that I have now have a little over 20k on them and still look new and sofar have had great grip in the mud, rain, dry. Haven't had any snow in fl to try that out but I am really impressed so far. I would get them again and are much cheaper than the toyos. I would run the 295/65 with that setup
Thanks for your input... I like the look of the Mud T/A's and aggressive tires but I also do a ton of daily freeway driving and your input on the Duratracks has helped me make a better choice, I even like their look and love the sidewall, heard nothing but good things about their wear, and to hear they are quiet as well makes them a no-brainer, I just hate their price tag, but I think I'm gonna be happy,,, now I hope belle Tire can find me 5 of them as well as the rims... then I can put this yearlong search behind me!
Old 07-23-2014, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

I kept the stock wheels and had them powder coated. We went just slightly bigger with a 265/70-18 Goodyear Kevlar. Not very radical, then added a 1.5" spacer to beef them out some.

So far, so good!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1670888488.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	567039  
Old 07-23-2014, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Johnny HotFoot
Thanks for your input... I like the look of the Mud T/A's and aggressive tires but I also do a ton of daily freeway driving and your input on the Duratracks has helped me make a better choice, I even like their look and love the sidewall, heard nothing but good things about their wear, and to hear they are quiet as well makes them a no-brainer, I just hate their price tag, but I think I'm gonna be happy,,, now I hope belle Tire can find me 5 of them as well as the rims... then I can put this yearlong search behind me!
I got them direct from a Goodyear tire store. 250 ea mounted and installed with road hazard ins and lifetime balance and rotations. Then got 120.00 back from Goodyear on a visa. They seem to run that promotion all the time here in fl, not sure if it's everywhere tho. Glad I could help! Good luck and post some pics after
Old 07-23-2014, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Elkdognc
I kept the stock wheels and had them powder coated. We went just slightly bigger with a 265/70-18 Goodyear Kevlar. Not very radical, then added a 1.5" spacer to beef them out some.

So far, so good!
Looks good! Like the bedlined grill and emblem.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Looks good! Like the bedlined grill and emblem.
been off of here for a while. still on deployment.

The grill is plastidip. man that stuff is awesome! and so easy to use. if you mess it up, just let it dry, and peel it off!

Quick Reply: Deep Lip elimintaes need for wheel spacers?