Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Delete Loop" pipe safe for Pentestar?

Old 10-24-2014, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't comment about the performance aspects as it has already been covered really well. But I will comment in a financial sense.

It just so happens that my previous life was to design the controls for the very machines that make exhaust components. The loop is very complicated and costs Jeep a great deal to make, If there were not significant advantages to having it, wouldn't you think they would delete it themselves and make a more simple and cheaper exhaust?

As far as the delete kits like AFE offer. Every mod we add has advantages and disadvantages. If the loop is getting in the way of running a suspension setup you want, it might be worth the risk to remove it in favor of running that setup... It becomes a matter of supplying for a demand, regardless of the benefits and/or advantages. If I can sell you something I can make money on I will.... as would any company.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jnabird333
I won't comment about the performance aspects as it has already been covered really well. But I will comment in a financial sense.

It just so happens that my previous life was to design the controls for the very machines that make exhaust components. The loop is very complicated and costs Jeep a great deal to make, If there were not significant advantages to having it, wouldn't you think they would delete it themselves and make a more simple and cheaper exhaust?

As far as the delete kits like AFE offer. Every mod we add has advantages and disadvantages. If the loop is getting in the way of running a suspension setup you want, it might be worth the risk to remove it in favor of running that setup... It becomes a matter of supplying for a demand, regardless of the benefits and/or advantages. If I can sell you something I can make money on I will.... as would any company.

Agreed.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:50 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Chrysler has what, at least 100 engineers designing Jeeps? Why can't they ever chime in on this website?
Old 10-25-2014, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blw
Chrysler has what, at least 100 engineers designing Jeeps? Why can't they ever chime in on this website?
Because they don't speak English? Lol.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:14 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Collyn
Because they don't speak English? Lol.
Ha ha that made me spit out my drink!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No idea

But I'm tired of the "Chrysler spent money and they would have not done it if it was not worth it, etc." that I see not just I this thread.

Really? BS. Chrysler spent the least $ they could for the best outcome they could get. Every corporation shaves dimes left and right and cutting costs maximizing profits, but no, we have the perfect tuned car with the best possible intake, best exhaust, etc. I do not understand though how a vehicle designed to be the king of off road has so many "weak" components from factory that need to be upgraded for serious off-roading happens to have the best and most well designed engine components. LOL

Last edited by Evangelos k; 10-25-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Seems like less pipe would be cheaper. Looks like the loop adds more pipe which would cost more. Equal length pipes tune for best performance.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ncb
Seems like less pipe would be cheaper. Looks like the loop adds more pipe which would cost more. Equal length pipes tune for best performance.
Still much cheaper than re-routing and re-designing a shorter and more "proper" path, equalizing the lengths the proper way than looking someone took the easier way out.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Evangelos k
Still much cheaper than re-routing and re-designing a shorter and more "proper" path, equalizing the lengths the proper way than looking someone took the easier way out.
True.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by blw
because if they posted here somebody with an 8th grade education would always be telling them they were wrong. I have been on forums where factory engineers initially would post but would soon get run off because someone was always smarter and had better way of doing things lol. Factory engineers are most likely smart enough not to post.

Quick Reply: "Delete Loop" pipe safe for Pentestar?