Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not install Detroit Soft Locker on 2012+ Jeep JK with automatic

Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Yukon Gear. Ask them. They made this part specificly to fit our jeeps with the 1/2" ring gear bolts. Don't give up right here. I had truetracs installed front and rear of my 12 with no problem other than drilling out the case.

To the OP did you have to have the locker drilled to match your 1/2" ring gear bolts?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by onsafari
Can't do a 4 wheel alignment on a JK. All you can do is set the toe on the front and the caster if you have adjustable control arms.
Really? I had one done a few months ago and watched the whole thing in the shop. Why do you believe it can't be done?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've done some checking and confirmed that this locker issue is only with auto trans equipped 2012-2013 JKs.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
I've done some checking and confirmed that this locker issue is only with auto trans equipped 2012-2013 JKs.
Is it with all soft lockers? Man I am glad I installed the trutrac in the front and rear. I almost went with the Yukon one.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rule18

Really? I had one done a few months ago and watched the whole thing in the shop. Why do you believe it can't be done?
There's no adjustments to make on the rear. Unless you have aftermarket adjustable control arms.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by renegade4x4
Is it with all soft lockers? Man I am glad I installed the trutrac in the front and rear. I almost went with the Yukon one.
I would assume this would be true with any of the available autolocker. The Truetrac isn't a locker so this would not be effected.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just out of curiousity what exactly is the issue? Is the unexpected locking and locking of the new differential confusing the abs and therefore putting it into limp mode?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
I would assume this would be true with any of the available autolocker. The Truetrac isn't a locker so this would not be effected.
Dynatrac... Would this be an issue with an ARB as well? If not, why not?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is all very interesting stuff for sure!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by BigSteve
Just out of curiousity what exactly is the issue? Is the unexpected locking and locking of the new differential confusing the abs and therefore putting it into limp mode?
I did some checking and found that the new 12 auto trans computer is a bit more complex than previous models. While driving it monitors yaw, pitch, acceleration, vehicle speed, wheel speed etc. A Detroit Locker is always locked until traction on a corner allows the outside tire to unlock. When equal axle speed is achieved after the corner, the unit once again locks. It is suspected that the lock/unlock motion of the locker is tripping the computer. The ProCal is not able to compensate.

Quick Reply: Do not install Detroit Soft Locker on 2012+ Jeep JK with automatic