Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driveshaft rub on Auto trans with aftermarket driveshaft?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by rays0852
Well knock me over with a feather......what did you buy a Sahara for?

Nice setup.

Cause I couldn't afford a Rubicon I bought a Salvage Rollover and fixed it so I'm at a much more reasonable bottom line for the moment

I've been researching pretty heavy before each mod, that and I do most all the work myself Articulation is a blast for me so I want a little more and yet have my driveshaft last
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by 69mach1
Attachment 362285

Attachment 362283

Attachment 362284

Anybody else having this problem? I'm getting lots of articulation but I see I'm rubbing the driveshaft to the auto tranny again thought I was done with that when I replaced the stock driveshaft.

I'm running a Teraflex 3" lift, 37" MTR's, Currie control arms upper & lower and a Coast driveshaft. Do I need a long arm kit to stop this from happening? or more bumpstop? or ?

I don't want to loose travel if I can help it , actually I want more travel if I can get it
Anybody find a solution for this yet? I haven't
Old 07-12-2013, 05:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no rubbing at all. What year again? Mines an 09. You are sure the axle is centered with the track bar correct?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	flextest.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	477207  
Old 07-12-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by Maertz
I have no rubbing at all. What year again? Mines an 09. You are sure the axle is centered with the track bar correct?
Mine is an 08, Coast driveshaft, trackbar adjusted as short as it will go to try and keep the driveshaft away from the tranny, MetalCloak control arms. I could have even more flex if the driveshaft didn't hit the tranny.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 PM
JK Jedi

Is the axle centered though or is the trackbar to long? I have coast also
Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the same place that I am getting a little rubbing. Mine barely touches. But it looks like your driveshaft is hitting a little more than mine. I will take a look at it Saturday night if you want. I can also show you what I did.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That is the same place that I am getting a little rubbing. Mine barely touches. But it looks like your driveshaft is hitting a little more than mine. I will take a look at it Saturday night if you want. I can also show you what I did.
Nuts, didn't see this till I got home Yep I'd like to know what you've done
Old 12-08-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Coast Drive Shafts, 3" Teraflex Lift, Poly Performance Synergy 1ton Steering with manual disconnects, 35" KM2 and my front drive shaft hits the transmission bolt on the drivers side to the point it is slowly grinding down and it hits the transmission skid in 3 spots where all the skids overlap. I have my front pro rock 44 centered and aligned properly. This is a 2009 Jeep JK 4dr, auto, by the way.

So in order for me to fix this I need to adjust my front and rear trackbars longer or shorter to push the diff towards the driverside? How much, maybe a turn or 2 on the jam nuts? I have room to correct mine unlike you, the JKS bars didnt work for me. I have a Tera rear and Poly front.

Last edited by GlennH; 12-08-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Mine does this as well and has as far back as I can remember. Tried multiple things to fix, nothing worked. Finally decided that one drip on the ground every two weeks or so isn't too bad. When it came time to change the fluid, I added one of those high end gaskets and I've yet to see any more drip.... still contacts though.

So... my point is, after a few years of running it this way, no children were harmed, no women were raped, and no men felt sodomized. You'll be fine!
Old 04-22-2014, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just noticed this old thread. I'm having the same problem with the DS hitting the side of the tranny pan. Was there ever a solution to this? I've got a 3 1/2 Metalcloak lift and a custom DS.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft rub on Auto trans with aftermarket driveshaft?