Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual ARB Compressor - mounting?

Old 01-11-2017, 01:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JimmiV
How did you wire your compressor?...did it come with a pre made loom..if so,was it long enough or did you have to extend it. thanks jimmi V
mine came with a pre made wire look. ArB provided everything needed to install this kit.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:33 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Thread brought back to life....lol. If you're referring to the pics in post #41, I'd have to think they did in fact extend the wiring. ARB does provide a nice loom, but if i recall, it was just long enough for me to mount mine under my front passenger seat, route it through the firewall, and to the battery. Also, the loom they give you for the switch is really short, so if you want to route it further than a foot or two from the compressor itself, you'll need to extend the wiring. I just left my switch close to the compressor since I only use this to air up. I can see if this is being used for lockers why you'd definitely need to extend it to someplace a bit more convenient.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmiV
How did you wire your compressor?...did it come with a pre made loom..if so,was it long enough or did you have to extend it.
thanks
jimmi V
Yeah, same here. Mine is mounted in the rear and I extended the wiring.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by jedg
Yeah, same here. Mine is mounted in the rear and I extended the wiring.
Happen to have a pic of your mounting handy?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by resharp001
Happen to have a pic of your mounting handy?
Unfortunately I'm deployed and can't get a photo. That said, I mounted mine in the depression that is usually used for storage space under the carpet in the rear of the vehicle. I no longer have carpet. I also have a drawer system I built mounted back there that covers the air compressor so sticky fingers can't take off with it (I run topless half the year). I plumbed my air lines so that the plug is comes out of the body just below the driver tail lamp. Works great and gets enough air to remain cool. (the drawer sits 1" off the tub)

I used welding wire (in red and black) to extend the ARB wiring (the heavy portion of the harness).
Old 01-11-2017, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp00
1 Also, the loom they give you for the switch is really short, so if you want to route it further than a foot or two from the compressor itself, you'll need to extend the wiring.
I cut all but about a foot off of it and ran it to my spod from the weatherpack connector. Made it very easy.

They do like some air or they'll thermal, despite the 100% duty cycle claim. The under the seat or buried in a compartment method doesn't seem like the best plan for mounting.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jordy
I cut all but about a foot off of it and ran it to my spod from the weatherpack connector. Made it very easy.

They do like some air or they'll thermal, despite the 100% duty cycle claim. The under the seat or buried in a compartment method doesn't seem like the best plan for mounting.
Yeah, not sure I would want it under a seat. Where I have mine allows for at least 2 inches of space on the sides and 4" above it. I'm sure that's a far cry better than the heat it's exposed to if placed under the hood. I've run mine continuously for the time it took to air my 35s from 7psi to 28psi as well as another jeep immediately after mine.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

My only under-seat concern would be accidentally finding myself in too deep of a water hole and the water breaches my doors. I have no intentions of finding myself in that situation, so it would SURELY be an accident if it did happen. I feel the compressor gets plenty of air from all around under my passenger seat. There's couple inches of space between both the floor and the compressor, and the compressor and the seat cushion, not to mention all the way around the front/back/sides.

Quick Reply: Dual ARB Compressor - mounting?