Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Steering Stabilizer Setup: Which do you prefer?

Old 07-27-2014, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran a dual RC one for years. Liked how it looked and didn't care what the far and few between hardcore wheeler thought. Funny you see so many "hardcore" rigs with a stinger yet I guarantee 99% of them will never use it for its actual intended purpose. Just another cool looking mod and that's Ok...
Old 07-27-2014, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would just do what you want to do and tell all the douchebags to kiss your ass.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
I ran a dual RC one for years. Liked how it looked and didn't care what the far and few between hardcore wheeler thought. Funny you see so many "hardcore" rigs with a stinger yet I guarantee 99% of them will never use it for its actual intended purpose. Just another cool looking mod and that's Ok...
Well said...alot will call poser or say dumb ass things but most of the time it's hypocritical.
Seen many a winch on a mal crawler that I bet never gets pulled out an inch.

Is my 4.5" lift necessary....nope. But I think it looks much better than stock.

I say do what you like and think looks cool and to hell with the people who have dumb crap to say about it.

My vote is for the Fox setup

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 07-28-2014, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do what you want, but it begs a further question... Why do you need the encouragement to make such a small decision?
Old 07-28-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

Awesome

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 07-28-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Doesn't Rough Country have a sick looking dual stabilizer setup? Or was it Skycrapper?? Le-git.

Since everyone gave an opinion, I'll give mine Dual stabilizers remind me of every d-bag who drives a huge lifted truck with little tires and a triple shock hoop. Hey, you could run a triple shock hoop too!
I think both RC and Skyjunker make them, but wasn't a fan of their reviews. I have to agree with the massive pickup with stretched toyo's statement, there are quite a few of those guys now running quads! Maybe thats what I should be getting into

As for tires, they are 35" atz's, nothing to crazy. And if you recall the truck is wheeled lightly (got some nice replies from you on my C gusset thread!).

Originally Posted by ABENDX
Do what you want, but it begs a further question... Why do you need the encouragement to make such a small decision?
Main reason for the post was to find some info on the longevity of the seals on either setup, also was looking for some input on how well the companies handle a warranty. I wasn't asking whether or not I should run this type of setup, but looking to find more info from current owners.

Originally Posted by JayswranglerX
Well said...alot will call poser or say dumb ass things but most of the time it's hypocritical.
I say do what you like and think looks cool and to hell with the people who have dumb crap to say about it.
Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
I ran a dual RC one for years. Liked how it looked and didn't care what the far and few between hardcore wheeler thought... Just another cool looking mod and that's Ok...
Originally Posted by hair2831
I would just do what you want to do and tell all the douchebags to kiss your ass.
Looks like a got at least a few supporters! Couldn't have said it better guys haha! Hope these posts keep people laughing
Old 07-28-2014, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

And to put it on record, the Fox setup is ordered and on its way!! Maybe I'll mount it upside down or something to keep the stereotype going
Old 07-31-2014, 08:06 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

The FOX ATS rocks!

Fixed what replacing everything else could not, death wobble. And yes I replaced that thingy too.

I honestly think it's by 35 inch tires or something like that.

On the plus side I have all new parts under it.

Quick Reply: Dual Steering Stabilizer Setup: Which do you prefer?