Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duel Front Stabilizers

Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Duel Front Stabilizers

I have the Rancho 4in Sport Lift and want to add Duel Front Stabilizers. While i love the lift I have slight bump steer Id like to reduce. I also love the duel stabilzer look. What do I need to think about when adding this to my 2012 Rubicon? Can any stabilizer system work wiith any lift?

I would prefer sticking with Rancho just for consistancy reasons but I dont think they have a set up for the 2012 JK.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.gorancho.com/shocks.php?s...ng_stabilizers

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits..._pn=RANRS98509
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the link. I dont think that one will work for the 2012 JKU. I researched this a few months ago and the only one that Rancho had was this in the link below. My understanding was that they only had a single for the 2012 JKU and not a duel Im going to call them. Thanks again.

Rancho Suspension Steering Stabilizers & Brackets - Steering Stabilizer - Steering Stabilizers - Lift Kits, Suspensions & Shocks - by 4 Wheel Parts
Old 08-08-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Just confirmed with Rancho that they do not offer a Duel Stabilizer set up for the JKU. Soomething about there not being a lot of room for clearence.

So my question remains.
1) Does anyone have a Duel setup for their 2012
2) WHo makes it?
3) Where there any other issues you had to contemplate before you bought and installed it?
Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not rumming a dual setup but one thing to think about trying is using the Rancho 9000 adjustable shock instead of the 5000 shock the kit comes with. Then you could crank the dial to the firmest setting. Not sure if you can get the 9000 in the correct size though. Give them a call and see if you can make that work.

The high dollar option is to go with a ram assist kit as well.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKbender
Im not rumming a dual setup but one thing to think about trying is using the Rancho 9000 adjustable shock instead of the 5000 shock the kit comes with. Then you could crank the dial to the firmest setting. Not sure if you can get the 9000 in the correct size though. Give them a call and see if you can make that work.

The high dollar option is to go with a ram assist kit as well.
Thanks for posting. I have the 9000's all the way around. I love them!! I had them on 3 as I do mostly highway driving but have since put them on 5. It stiffened things up a bit but still I have some bump stear. Im hesitant about dialling them in higher because I dont want too stiff of a ride up and down.

What is the Ram Assist kit? Ill try to google it. Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

A drag link flip kit eliminates bump steer.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Just to clarify, I was sugesting to use a 9000 as the stearing stabilizer itself, not sugesting to put them at the corners.

The most common ram assist is by PSC. It basically eliminates the stabilizer with an hydrolic push cylinder that is tied into your stearing box. So the cylinder only moves when you turn the wheel. It is also more efficient than the steering box alone so it makes turning larger tires very easy even in the rocks. But this is a significant mod that you should read alot about befor jumping into.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:48 AM
JK Freak

Ahhh, I like your idea about using the 9000 in place of the stock shock that is there. Totally lost where you were going. I may actually try that! Great Idea thanks!!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Rough Country makes a dual stabilizer for the JK. But I would go with a drag link flip instead and then swap out stabilizers if you want. From what I've read the stabilizers kinda mask another problem which is the steering geometry being changed after the lift. The flip kit fixes that change. But it's your jeep and up to you what to do with it.

Quick Reply: Duel Front Stabilizers