Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatrac PR44/60 or PR60/60

Old 02-13-2017, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Thanks for deciding to go with Dynatrac for your Jeep! Nice to have a situation like this where your two choices are pretty much win-win either way!

On your ground clearance point, You’re correct that you will not have as much ground clearance in the rear with the Pro 60 axle, but you are going to 37s, so the net difference will be a gain. In the front, the ProRock 60 has more ground clearance than a stock Dana 44, so you’re making a big gain there. And you are correct that a ProRock 60/Pro 60 combo will be heavier, than stock axles, but the weight is extremely low in the vehicle, so from a handling and off-roading standpoint, it really won’t be a negative.

Here’s what the choice really comes down to:
If ultimate ground clearance is your goal, the Serious Performance ProRock 44/60 combo is the way to go.
If ultimate strength is the goal, the Hard Core ProRock60/60 combo is your choice. The ProRock 44/60 is plenty durable for 37s, but stepping up to the ProRock 60/60 combo gives you much larger knuckles, balljoints and hubs in addition to the larger ring gear, differential, axleshafts and beefier housing. This is especially attractive if you’re thinking about an LS engine swap or other additions/modifications down the road.

Hope this helps guide your decision!
Thanks for the explanation. Up4rox made a good point about driveshaft angles, I had wondered the same thing. Is that something I would have to worry too much about with a 2 door and 3.5-4" lift?
Old 03-13-2017, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

It's decision time! Want to get them ordered this week. The 60/60 seems like the way to go. I was talking to a friend over the weekend and he thinks the 44/60 is the way to go, now he has me second guessing. He claims, although way stronger, the additional weight of the 60's will make it a pig on the highway and in the rocks. I don't think this is true but I couldn't find any comments answering those questions except V8 swaps. Any thoughts with the 3.6 and 6-speed? I hate to ask what I feel is a stupid question, but this is a one time purchase for me so I want to get it right. Will the extra 200-300 lbs of the 60/60 over the 44/60 make a notable difference on a 2 door jeep in its on/off road performance?
Old 03-13-2017, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sellnotsale
It's decision time! Want to get them ordered this week. The 60/60 seems like the way to go. I was talking to a friend over the weekend and he thinks the 44/60 is the way to go, now he has me second guessing. He claims, although way stronger, the additional weight of the 60's will make it a pig on the highway and in the rocks. I don't think this is true but I couldn't find any comments answering those questions except V8 swaps. Any thoughts with the 3.6 and 6-speed? I hate to ask what I feel is a stupid question, but this is a one time purchase for me so I want to get it right. Will the extra 200-300 lbs of the 60/60 over the 44/60 make a notable difference on a 2 door jeep in its on/off road performance?
I don't think you'll notice much of a difference. I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know what gearing you plan to run, but run one ratio higher if you're that concerned. My first hand experience is similar. I built a 4dr for my buddy that was a 3.8L with a 6 spd manual. We did Currie RJ3 dana 60's front and rear with 5.38 gears. The rig didn't feel really that different. It had the stock Rubi D44's with 5.38's before so all the gearing was the same. Honestly, if anything, it felt better because he was able to unlock the front hubs on the street. I say buy the 60's and don't look back. Congrats on buying cool parts!
Old 03-13-2017, 09:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on choosing to go with the best axles on the market, and thanks for choosing Dynatrac to spend your hard earned money with! Give us a call at 714-421-4314, we can go over the 60/60 and 44/60 options with you, get all your info, and advise which way will be the best to go for your Jeep. And then we can go to the next step, getting them ordered!
Old 03-13-2017, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

If your friend thinks that the weight difference between those two packages is a deal breaker he's mistaken.

I have the 44/60 set right now under my rig, 5.13 gears and 37" coopers and to think it's light at all is a joke. My rig is definitely heavy, I'm by far the slowest on the freeway to and from the trail, but out there I'm confident I'm the only one in my group that doesn't have a smiling front end.

Ditching this for the 60/60 set whenever Dynatrac is finished with them and couldn't imagine it's going to get much worse on the freeway but I'll report back.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tgoss
If your friend thinks that the weight difference between those two packages is a deal breaker he's mistaken.

I have the 44/60 set right now under my rig, 5.13 gears and 37" coopers and to think it's light at all is a joke. My rig is definitely heavy, I'm by far the slowest on the freeway to and from the trail, but out there I'm confident I'm the only one in my group that doesn't have a smiling front end.

Ditching this for the 60/60 set whenever Dynatrac is finished with them and couldn't imagine it's going to get much worse on the freeway but I'll report back.
I pulled the trigger and went with the 60/60, really can't beat that deal. Also getting the Dynaloc's and an ARB pump. Now I have 8 weeks to choose my wheels and 37s
Old 03-13-2017, 03:20 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled the trigger and went with the 60/60, really can't beat that deal. Also getting the Dynaloc's and an ARB pump. Now I have 8 weeks to choose my wheels and 37s

Damn. Is that the leadtime right now for the FF 60s? I've got a PR44 on the way in the next couple of weeks. If that ETA was cut in half, then I might reconsider.

Instead of beefing up my rear 44, I think I may pull the trigger on the semi-float 60 (not the trail series 60). But if Dyna has changed things up such that the flanges are paper thin like the stockers, then I'll have to look at other options....

2012 2-door auto going 4.88's.

The 60/60 is nice package. After being 2 going on 3 weeks now without the JK, I don't think I can go another 8 weeks before slitting my wrists.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Damn. Is that the leadtime right now for the FF 60s? I've got a PR44 on the way in the next couple of weeks. If that ETA was cut in half, then I might reconsider.

Instead of beefing up my rear 44, I think I may pull the trigger on the semi-float 60 (not the trail series 60). But if Dyna has changed things up such that the flanges are paper thin like the stockers, then I'll have to look at other options....

2012 2-door auto going 4.88's.

The 60/60 is nice package. After being 2 going on 3 weeks now without the JK, I don't think I can go another 8 weeks before slitting my wrists.

Our flanges are just as strong as ever, when you go ProRock 44 or 60, you never have to worry about things like that! ;-)

Give us a call 714-421-4314 and we can go over some different packages for you to suit what you have in mind for your JK!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

I had the pr44/pr60 combo and now have ff 60s in both. It will not make it a pig in the rocks or hwy at all. You won't notice the difference from my experience. Is basically the difference between a full tank of gas and being close to empty. Well you have a 2 door so a little more but not much. What to ask yourself is do you ever see yourself going bigger. If you even think it's a chance I'd get the 60s the first time, costs a lot more doing it twice. I swore I wasn't going bigger and 18 months later I was upgrading again. The one thing that will vary is you'll lose a tad of front diff ground clearance between the pr44 and pr60 but nothing too big, both are high clearance designs.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:12 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgoss

Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi
I had the pr44/pr60 combo and now have ff 60s in both.

You guys satisfied (or were satisfied) with the SF rear 60 thus far aside from wanting to go FF for the bad-assery & ego stroking?

I'm staying 37's.......for now.

Last edited by DJ1; 03-13-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Dynatrac PR44/60 or PR60/60