Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TeraFlex Knuckle Gussets Help/Question

Old 11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TeraFlex Knuckle Gussets Help/Question

So I ended up getting the Teralfex C Gussets and looked at the project-jk install write-up at least a dozen times just reading through it. I know they are made differently, but didn't think the install would be much different, if at all. The instructions that come with Teraflex's gussets have you pretty much take everything off the axles and remove the ball joints before installing. Has anyone else installed these gussets? I suppose my question is does all this sound required? I did read that you need to take time and not over heat the area, but dang didn't think of all this! I don't have the knowledge,skill, or tools to do any of this work so I will be paying to have it done and if they have to do all this work oh my...
Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can weld them on no problem with the ball joints in place. Just keep them cool with wet rags. The shop you take it to should know best and will take care of you. Teraflex just advises that you disassemble anything to wave any liability on their part if you melt a dust shield or fry your ball joints.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhhh yea didn't think of it that way. Thank ya sir.

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Knuckle Gussets Help/Question