Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynatrac ProRock Dana 80 Fitment

Old 05-30-2013, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatrac ProRock Dana 80 Fitment

Ordered a ProRock, Dana 80, complete rear axle assembly two weeks ago, and waiting for it to come in. Just wondering if anyone has already done this, has had any fitment issues, or comments on the product.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:39 AM
CT2
JK Enthusiast

Wouldn't that be a question to ask before buying?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xPTPCREWx
Ordered a ProRock, Dana 80, complete rear axle assembly two weeks ago, and waiting for it to come in. Just wondering if anyone has already done this, has had any fitment issues, or comments on the product.
I saw some video of a black JKU on JKO with one.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is no issues with a pro rock 80 in a JK we did one and getting ready to do another one very soon.

David
Old 05-31-2013, 02:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evo1 has one and they ran the hammers with no problems with the prorock 80 I know off road evolution has done a couple and did s front 80 I'm the mighty fc and Moby is getting one.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:27 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
There is no issues with a pro rock 80 in a JK we did one and getting ready to do another one very soon.

David
David and his guys at Northridge and the crew over at Off Road Evolution have started to install these axles with no issues.
Great choice! Enjoy!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CT2
Wouldn't that be a question to ask before buying?
If you haven't done it then don't post an opinion. And no, there are always unforeseen fitment issues when performing retrofits incase you didn't know. Nothing is completely "bolt-in".
Old 07-10-2013, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

Just to let everyone know. I had completed the install the other day. It was so easy. I did it in my driveway and didn't run into any issues. Biggest hold up was trying to find the right lug nuts and cutting/balancing the existing driveshaft. Other than that, I am very happy with the product and would recommend it to anyone.

The wait/ lead time for it kinda sucked tho. Apparently Dynatrac is really busy. And I would suggest that they do a little better with the paperwork/ installation specs.

If anyone is looking to do this, feel free to ask any questions. PM me. I'd be happy to help and know how frustrating it can be to try to get info and your questions answered.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn. So it took a month and a half to get the rear end? Or was there decision time in between post times? I am thinking that I want to get something similar for my Sahara. But maybe not the PR80. I'm thinking PR 44 for the front and PR60 rear. Glad to hear there is no issues. I like having no issues when it comes to a pretty sizable price upgrade. Did you order yours hub to hub? With new brakes and all?

Sent from the fast lane while driving one handed.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:39 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Going to be wild! What are your plans that need a PR80?

Quick Reply: Dynatrac ProRock Dana 80 Fitment