Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax evolution is on..... And loving it!!!!!

Old 04-15-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dynomax evolution is on..... And loving it!!!!!

This is the kit that dumps before the rear axle, #39522. It was installed on a 2012 JKU Sport , automatic , with 3:73 gears and 35"

Got it from Amazon Prime for $178 then have to send in for the $50 rebate, so $128 in the end.

Ordered Sunday, came in today. Old exhaust off and new exhaust on all in 45min!!

Here is all the parts in the kit

The Intermediate is even notched, like the factory pipe, so it only goes on one way when slipped onto the "Y" pipe.

The clamps are solid and everything fit like a champ.

I did not trim the lip off of my EVAP skid for the rear hanger bracket.
DO NOT CUT THE INTERMEDIATE PIPE AS STATED IN INSTRUCTIONS

DO NOT

DOOOOO NOOOTTTTT

So the PROS....

Its great value.. at $178 you can't beat it

Its easy as pie to install

No drone on the highway, only drone is from 1300-1500rpms and thats it, it goes away.

No smell inside the vehicle when stopped

You free up all that area under the rear of the Jeep.... It looks so much better

Major smile on your face while driving.

The sound is amazing!!! Its not a V8 sound, but then again, it don't sound like a 6cyl

And the wife test drove it to the gym and when she got there, she texted me with ..quote..." IT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!"

Now the CONS...

The outlet of the muffler could use a notch in the pipe in order to clamp the turn down better. I did feel like adding the relief cuts. Plus I was using air tools, so it pulled the clamp down tight, but someone doing it by hand...it'll be tough

Thats it for the CONS.

BYE BYE

Much nicer

Barely peaking out...

Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scvette01
This is the kit that dumps before the rear axle, #39522. It was installed on a 2012 JKU Sport , automatic , with 3:73 gears and 35"

Got it from Amazon Prime for $178 then have to send in for the $50 rebate, so $128 in the end.

Ordered Sunday, came in today. Old exhaust off and new exhaust on all in 45min!!

Here is all the parts in the kit

The Intermediate is even notched, like the factory pipe, so it only goes on one way when slipped onto the "Y" pipe.

The clamps are solid and everything fit like a champ.

I did not trim the lip off of my EVAP skid for the rear hanger bracket.
DO NOT CUT THE INTERMEDIATE PIPE AS STATED IN INSTRUCTIONS

DO NOT

DOOOOO NOOOTTTTT

So the PROS....

Its great value.. at $178 you can't beat it

Its easy as pie to install

No drone on the highway, only drone is from 1300-1500rpms and thats it, it goes away.

No smell inside the vehicle when stopped

You free up all that area under the rear of the Jeep.... It looks so much better

Major smile on your face while driving.

The sound is amazing!!! Its not a V8 sound, but then again, it don't sound like a 6cyl

And the wife test drove it to the gym and when she got there, she texted me with ..quote..." IT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!!"

Now the CONS...

The outlet of the muffler could use a notch in the pipe in order to clamp the turn down better. I did feel like adding the relief cuts. Plus I was using air tools, so it pulled the clamp down tight, but someone doing it by hand...it'll be tough

Thats it for the CONS.

BYE BYE

Much nicer

Barely peaking out...

Congrats! I have experienced the drone at 1300RPM too. I actually like it. If I'm cruising that slow, I wan't to rumble to hell out of my jeep. ESPECIALLY with the doors off.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can you get a video of the sound by any chance man?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
can you get a video of the sound by any chance man?
x2.

i have their dual tip axle back exhaust (forgot the part number) and I'm thinking about swapping out for this one. The one I currently have is pretty loud inside the Jeep but not too loud outside. How's the noise on the inside?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meep97
x2. i have their dual tip axle back exhaust (forgot the part number) and I'm thinking about swapping out for this one. The one I currently have is pretty loud inside the Jeep but not too loud outside. How's the noise on the inside?
Going down the hwy in OD , turning 2k rpms... You can barely hear it. The lightbar on the windshield almost makes more wind noise than the exhaust note.

The drone from 1300-1500 is quick and you will feel it through the Jeep, like bass. But it's such a short duration, it's not a issue

As for videos... Check out Wayalife... He's got a really good video showing all driving conditions.

I don't have anything to post videos to and would have to record w my phone, which wouldn't give it justice :(
Old 04-16-2014, 07:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scvette01
Going down the hwy in OD , turning 2k rpms... You can barely hear it. The lightbar on the windshield almost makes more wind noise than the exhaust note.

The drone from 1300-1500 is quick and you will feel it through the Jeep, like bass. But it's such a short duration, it's not a issue

As for videos... Check out Wayalife... He's got a really good video showing all driving conditions.

I don't have anything to post videos to and would have to record w my phone, which wouldn't give it justice :(
This is the competition exhaust but how does it compare ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPe0O9TPfj4
Old 04-16-2014, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
This is the competition exhaust but how does it compare ? YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPe0O9TPfj4
That's the same one I bought !!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome!! Wonder if it will work on my 2dr?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

just bought
Old 04-16-2014, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I kinda like this, good option to relocate, I might want to make a skid for it though I wouldn't wanna rip it off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Dynomax evolution is on..... And loving it!!!!!