Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Locker stuck locked

Old 04-23-2014, 02:22 PM
aha
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Locker stuck locked

Hi guys, the rear locker on my 2012 Wrangler JKU is stuck locked after my last wheeling trip. Does anyone know how I can manually unlock it? I took it to the dealer but he is wanting to charge to replace the whole locker...
Old 04-23-2014, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by aha
Hi guys, the rear locker on my 2012 Wrangler JKU is stuck locked after my last wheeling trip. Does anyone know how I can manually unlock it? I took it to the dealer but he is wanting to charge to replace the whole locker...
Is it still under warrant? If so, why are they trying to charge you?
Old 04-23-2014, 02:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I am guessing this not a stock rubicon locker or warranty should still be ineffect, so I would do the same as that and trace the locker wires and make sure they did not get broken or detached.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by aha
Why wouldn't it be covered under warranty on a 2012?

If it's mechanically stuck, and not electrically malfunctioning, look at this thread https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...unlock-301832/ and see the picture about physically unlocking it with a screw driver. The picture shows the cover off for the illustration only. All you need to remove is the fill plug.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:32 PM
aha
JK Newbie

Dealer will not warranty due to re-gear & me running 37's.

The connections to the locker are all good. I checked that already.

I will try to unlock it the way you posted ronjenx, thanks so much for the help!

Last edited by aha; 04-23-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol i love the link to a thread that was started 2 days before this one...
Old 04-23-2014, 03:17 PM
JK Junkie

If it is electrically stuck then you can disconnect the harness and then do the mechanical disengagement as noted above.

Check the relays to see if they are functioning correctly, check for shorts, etc. If it does not disengage when you disconnect power then you'll need to figure out why- possible replacement necessary.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:30 PM
aha
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
If it is electrically stuck then you can disconnect the harness and then do the mechanical disengagement as noted above.

Check the relays to see if they are functioning correctly, check for shorts, etc. If it does not disengage when you disconnect power then you'll need to figure out why- possible replacement necessary.
Got it, I will disconnect the plug that is on top of the axle before I try to move the locker manually.

My rear locker has always been slow to disengage not sure why.

Quick Reply: E-Locker stuck locked