Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO Enforcer 3" 35" Tires 20" wheels

Old 12-19-2016, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVO Enforcer 3" 35" Tires 18" wheels

Hello,

I have a 2008 Sahara.

I want to put on the evo enforcer with 35" Toyo MT and 18" wheels. I would like to go off-road moderately, live in Florida so not rock climbing. I am also thinking Bilstien 5100 for shocks.

Is there any other additional products I need to buy to make sure my ride is smooth etc? Like a leveling kit, for example.

I'm pretty sold on most of what I listed but if anyone has any other suggestions for shocks I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you guys very much. I have read several of the stickys to get started. But I don't necessarily have the most time to become seasoned like a lot of you great guys. 👍🏻.

Appreciate all the help,
Michael

Last edited by Shockwave; 12-19-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bruh... be prepared for some use the search key posts.

Some things. You have a 2008 Sahara... so an anemic 3.8L and 3.21 or 3.73 gears. 35 inch tires on that is going to suck until you re gear... I would go above a 4.10 for sure. Next, you have dana 30 axel. A lot of folks frown on a heavy 35 inch tire on a 30 axel something is going to break, maybe not immediately but something down the line is going to give. Think about trussing/gussets to beef up your axel at a minimum. If you are going with anything above a 33 inch tire and you are buying wheels you need at least 4.5 inches of backspacing or you will rub at full steering lock. I think that about sums it up... I would definitely use the search button its your friend. Good luck and pics or it didn't happen.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Enforcer kit is great, I have been running it for about 3 years. I use Fox 4-6" shocks with mine and it rides great. I have ridden in other Jeep's with other lifts, and I can still say it's a nice kit. The Bilsteins should be fine. Nothing else is needed. You could do high steer kit, but drive it first and see what you think.

I've been running 35's on a D30 for 3 years, nothing has broken or wore out prematurely. I did C gussets and 4.56 gears. If you're not rock crawling and jumping stuff your D30 will be fine.

Last edited by jeepfan30; 12-20-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:13 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you guys, greatly appreciative!

Ok I just ordered.

Evo enforcer
Fox 2.0 reservoir x4
Fox steering stabilizer.

Looking for the 4.5 spacers can't find those. Is there a brand that makes them? Because I've searched and can't find a thingthing over 2".

Going to order 5.18 gear for front and back.

Thinking of getting Reel drive shafts later.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Your new wheels will have some back spacing built in already, probably between 4.5 and 4.75...look at the specs. You probably won't need wheel spacers, as long as you have 4.5 inches of back spacing.

Everyone is going to recommend against 5.13 gears with D30 and 35's. With 35's your RPM's on the highway will be pretty high, and the smaller gears equates to weaker gears with a tendency to break due to lack of size/strength. My RPM at 70mph with 4.56 is about 2750.

The Fox Stabilizer is not required, I had one and it's nice to have but not needed. I would spend that money on a front driveshaft.

Last edited by jeepfan30; 01-06-2017 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Man really appreciate the advice. From what I researched everyone was saying the 5.18. But thanks for the heads up.

Thank for the info on backspacers. I thought it was weird nothing would show up in a search.

Ok looking into drive shafts. Should I get a rear one as well? I have the Dana 44 in the rear and the 30 in the front. Is that standard, or is that a Sahara set up?

So get the front drive shaft first if I have to choose? They are pretty expensive.

Thanks again I really like your rig and kind of been copying you 👍🏼.

Last edited by Shockwave; 01-06-2017 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

513 is also too much for 35's, if you were doing 37's then yes but not in a dana 30 if you're going to off-road.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

First off. Welcome to JK Forum

Originally Posted by Shockwave
Man really appreciate the advice. From what I researched everyone was saying the 5.18. But thanks for the heads up.
The gear ratio I think you mean is 5.13, not 5.18.

Ok looking into drive shafts. Should I get a rear one as well? I have the Dana 44 in the rear and the 30 in the front. Is that standard, or is that a Sahara set up?
When you say drive shaft do you mean axles? Are you familiar with the parts that people are mentioning? If not just say so and we can elaborate more.
If you are talking about axles then yes, you do have a Dana 30 front with a Dana 44 rear. Most will replace the Dana 30 front with either an aftermarket Dana 44, a junkyard built Dana 60, or a Dana 44 out of a Rubicon. The reason for this is because of what people have said about running 5.13 gears in a Dana 30. It puts a lot of stress on the pinion. The only problem with doing this swap is it can be rather costly.

The aftermarket Dana 44 is usually 4000-6000 in price range and comes ready to bolt in and is a lot stronger than the Rubicon or the Dana 30 options
The junk yard built Dana 60 will only cost 2000-3000, is the strongest of the 3, but will require a lot of work on your end.
The Rubicon take off Dana 44 is the weakest as far as structure of the 3 but will get you a Dana 44 ring and pinion and for the wheeling you described it would be just fine.

Thank for the info on backspacers. I thought it was weird nothing would show up in a search.
Backspaceing and spacers are not measured with the exact same numbers. The stock JK wheel has 6.25" of backspacing so to get the 4-4.75" of backspacing you need a 1.5" or 1.75" spacer, not a 4.5" spacer. This is also only needed if you are using stock wheels. If you get aftermarket they usually already have the proper backspacing.

So get the front drive shaft first if I have to choose? They are pretty expensive.
I would get the front drive shaft before you get a rear. The rear can last you for a very long time.

Last edited by bl17z90; 01-06-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hilop
513 is also too much for 35's, if you were doing 37's then yes but not in a dana 30 if you're going to off-road.
If you do a lot of city driving 5.13's on a 3.8 will be ok with 35's. But I do agree on it being a bit much for a dana 30. Heck, I know guy who blew out his ring and pinion with 4.88s.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bl17z90
First off. Welcome to JK Forum
Thank you very much. I am a super noob and trying to research and understand the anatomy of the jeep. Like drinking water from a fire house. 😁
But am excited to have a jeep I can trial on. Took my jeep out for the first time a month ago and it was a blast. And looking forward to be a part of the jeep community. So thank you for the warm welcome guys!

The gear ratio I think you mean is 5.13, not 5.18.
. Yes sorry.

When you say drive shaft do you mean axles? Are you familiar with the parts that people are mentioning? If not just say so and we can elaborate more.
If you are talking about axles then yes, you do have a Dana 30 front with a Dana 44 rear. Most will replace the Dana 30 front with either an aftermarket Dana 44, a junkyard built Dana 60, or a Dana 44 out of a Rubicon. The reason for this is because of what people have said about running 5.13 gears in a Dana 30. It puts a lot of stress on the pinion. The only problem with doing this swap is it can be rather costly.

The aftermarket Dana 44 is usually 4000-6000 in price range and comes ready to bolt in and is a lot stronger than the Rubicon or the Dana 30 options
The junk yard built Dana 60 will only cost 2000-3000, is the strongest of the 3, but will require a lot of work on your end.
The Rubicon take off Dana 44 is the weakest as far as structure of the 3 but will get you a Dana 44 ring and pinion and for the wheeling you described it would be just fine.
I think I get it now. Drive shaft is running the length of the jeep and axle runs width.

I think drive shaft go according to your axle size. So say I bought the driveshaft for the d30. Can I just upgrade a small part to fit the new 44? Or will I have to completely buy an new shaft?

I see a 44 on eBay for $1500. I may try to get one of those or search a junk yard later.

Ok so I'll do the 4.56 for the gears. Is there a name brand that you guys prefer?

Backspaceing and spacers are not measured with the exact same numbers. The stock JK wheel has 6.25" of backspacing so to get the 4-4.75" of backspacing you need a 1.5" or 1.75" spacer, not a 4.5" spacer. This is also only needed if you are using stock wheels. If you get aftermarket they usually already have the proper backspacing.
Ok thank you 😄. I'm planning to get fuel assault 18x9. But want to get all the lift and shafts done first. This hobby is super expensive as you guys know.

I would get the front drive shaft before you get a rear. The rear can last you for a very long time.
Is the Reel brand a good one? Their site doesn't allow a selection for the Dana 30. But some stores say it will fit my jeep. Can I get the Reel OE style one? Is that an upgrade to the OEM one?

Thanks a million guys! Super cool of you all.

Quick Reply: EVO Enforcer 3" 35" Tires 20" wheels