Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust write-up

Old 08-20-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2010 sahara jku 3.6 and i put in a magnaflow exhaust system. Its just louder than stock so u can feel/hear it and has a great growl. Highly recommend it.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo
I have a 2010 sahara jku 3.6 and i put in a magnaflow exhaust system. Its just louder than stock so u can feel/hear it and has a great growl. Highly recommend it.
Ooops, just realized i said 3.6, obviously meant 3.8 :-|
Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Threw up a quick (real quick) video of the aFe axle-back I received this morning.

I'll make a more detailed thread, and better quality video (it's windy right now), sometime next week (leaving town today for a few days), I just didn't have the time today and am still working, so this is what you get, deal with it

My initial impression after experiencing it for less than 10 minutes, is its louder than stock, quieter than the cat-back system's i've installed, and has a nice high tuck installation location.
It this thing doesnt drone at highway speeds, it's staying on permanently.

http://youtu.be/w6rF-26db0I

Last edited by Namtaru; 08-23-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Taylor, this may be exactly what you were looking for.

Just drove to lunch and back, got up to 50mph for awhile. I could barely hear the thing, it sounds like stock at cruise.
But when you punch the gas you know it's there while still not really being all that loud.

I have yet to hop on the highway with it, and that will be my own personal test of whether I keep it or not.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is the one I'm going with, 1/2 the price of a kit and the satisfaction of DIY.

DIY muffler relocation with Dynomax Parts - JeepForum.com
Old 08-23-2013, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

As a comparison to the above, here is what the Dynomax Rock Crawler kit sounded like, you can tell that it is louder almost immediately.

http://youtu.be/tmtpydMpLcE
Old 08-23-2013, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by towel33
This is the one I'm going with, 1/2 the price of a kit and the satisfaction of DIY.

DIY muffler relocation with Dynomax Parts - JeepForum.com
Which muffler are you going with? I have ran both. I can tell you the Ultraflow in that location will be loud, especially cruising down the highway at 70-80 mph. The VT is great. Sound is nice when you get on it and literally no drone at all.

That being said, I am going with AFE next. Love the look and I think it will be the sound I am looking for. We shall see. This will be my 3rd exhaust on this Jeep. Man. 3rd times the charm I hope.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default JK Exhaust

Hey I going to have a kit that replaces the stock muffler with a stainless free flowing muffler that fits in stock location. I does not have any drone that happens when you remove the stock muffler and resignator. I will post pictures as soon as we finish testing.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rock an roll jeeper
Hey I going to have a kit that replaces the stock muffler with a stainless free flowing muffler that fits in stock location. I does not have any drone that happens when you remove the stock muffler and resignator. I will post pictures as soon as we finish testing.
How big is the muffler?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been following these posts

I have a 2012 JKU with a dented exhaust and smashed tip, was looking for an exhaust and started following some threads

Pulling trigger on the axleback 49-46219
$220 shipped from autoanything

(thanks to all that posted btw)

Read a few posts where people say the catback will give a slight drone/rumble as the resonator is deleted. Since I'm running no carpet/plugs, the drone/rumble will probably be louder

Quick Reply: Exhaust write-up