Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty

Old 04-14-2016, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LIFETIME WARRANTY PURCHASE(s)

In 2011 I bought a JKU Sport and purchased the lifetime warranty because at the time I thought I would have it for the rest of my life.

I ended up trading it in on a 2013 JKU Rubicon 10A and I purchased the lifetime warranty on this one as well. (I submitted for a refund on my 2011 warranty and received a credit, although there was not a significant amount that actually got refunded.) My thought is that with the integration of all the electronics there are a lot of high ticket items that can go bad over the course of ownership. So far I've had to replace the clock spring and just recently my navigation unit (430N) developed Alzheimers and could not remember where it stored the maps so the dealer has already ordered another one for me.

So, even though in my case I have "recouped" well over half the value of the cost of the warranty, the main reason I purchased it was for my peace of mind knowing that if anything catastrophic happened I would not be left holding the bag or be put in the position of having to park the Jeep rather than get it repaired.

KG6SLC aka Eugene

Last edited by KG6SLC; 04-14-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty